The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra is proud to present RCO Editions. This unique video magazine for your iPad features recordings of stirring concerts, expert commentary, inspiring articles and video clips.
Six issues of RCO Editions are released every year, each taking you on a journey of discovery based on a particular theme. Classical music performed by the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra is always at the heart of the experience. The superb (360°) video recordings of concerts are further enriched by:
• Video commentary provided by the conductor, musicians or other leading international experts. Users can choose which commentary they would like to see. A unique timeline feature allows commentary to be played back fully synchronised with the performance.
• Articles that contextualise the music in an interesting way. These include interviews, essays, poems and photos inspired by the theme.
• Theme-related iTunes listening tips from RCO Editions.
Subscribers will also receive
• At least 3 additional concert recordings per release (i.e. an average of 2 extra hours of viewing and listening pleasure)
• The option of also being able to view and listen to all concert recordings on the iPhone
• RCO Radio in high quality (320 kbit/s, AAC)
RCO Editions is optimised for use with Apple TV, offering you a truly unique live concert experience in the comfort of your own home using the iPad as a second screen. This gives you the ability, for example, to watch performances on a bigger TV screen while simultaneously browsing and reading background articles and interviews on your iPad.
Available subscription and editions options
• The RCO Editions App is free. The App also gives you direct and free access to RCO Radio.
• The first release, based on the theme of ‘Mozart, the travelling musician’, is available to you free of charge!
• A single edition is only € 4,49 for unlimited access.
• Pay per month subscription with all the additional content and access is € 6,99. The subscription will be renewed automatically. You can cancel this at any time.
• Pay per year subscribers get a 10% discount and pay € 74,99 for one year of full access. The subscription will be renewed automatically. You can cancel this at any time after the first year.
• Downloaded releases will remain fully functional after your subscription ends, including the full experience of the enriched concert registration. Access to the extra concerts and the iPhone app will end after you've ended your subscription.
• The App is required for downloading and viewing RCO Editions releases.
RCO Editions is available in Dutch and English. To use RCO Editions, you will need an iPad running iOS 6.0 or later and a fast Wi-Fi connection.
Step inside the world of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra. From the comfort of your own home.
Fixed bug that caused the app to crash when the iPad did not have enough disc space.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 01, 2013
- Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (28)
- 16.4 MB