MIDI Designer Pro 2
iOS Universal Music
MDP2 (MIDI Designer Pro 2) is the next generation of MIDI Designer Pro, which took the music-making world by storm when it lauched in 2012. This is the full, professional version for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MIDI Designer Pro 2:
● Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
● Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
● Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
● A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
● Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
● The platform of choice for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Moog, Eventide, Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
● Control all MIDI-enabled hardware and software: synths, effects, DAWs, plug-ins, DJ, VJ & lighting rigs, other iOS apps, robots, cruise ships, rail guns, particle accelerators
● Near-zero latency connections via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Lightning Cable (with musicIO) or any class-compliant MIDI hardware
● Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
● Use supercontrols and subcontrols for advanced functionality with no scripting, ever
● Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages each
● Save, load and share your layouts and pages
● Send/receive all MIDI message types (e.g., sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC)
● Use MDP2 as a heads-up display for external hardware via the "Pedalboards Feature"
● Explore presets and other features at mididesigner.com/manual: discover a mature, reliable platform for your controller design and performance
MDP2 is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It's the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
WHAT'S NEW IN MDP2?
● Completely-redesigned look: Glow. More beautiful, practical and functional with a new Home screen
● IAP with new control types: Image Panels, Pickers and Meters (free DAW plugin from musicIO)
● Preset Packs: share global presets with users of the same layout
● Browse and upload within MDP2 to interact seamlessly with the Community
● Hundreds of smaller new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements for greater flexibility, stability and speed
The MIDI Designer Community has built layouts for popular MIDI targets, including:
● Akai: Miniak (= Alesis Micron)
● Cakewalk: Sonar
● CamelAudio: Camelspace, CamelPhat
● Casio: XW Solo Synth (XW-P1, XW-G1), Privia PX-5S
● Clavia: Nord Lead 4
● Dave Smith Instruments (DSI): DSI MoPho, DSI Desktop Evolver
● Eventide: Pitchfactor, Timefactor
● Fractal Audio: Axe FX II
● IK Multimedia: Amplitube
● Jomox: MBase 11
● Kawai: K3m, K1r Vector Control
● Korg: 707, DSS-1, EX-8000, ElecTribe R (ER-1), Monotribe, Volca Series
● Line6: Pod v2.0, Pod HD-500, DT-50 Series, POD X3 Live
● Moog: Animoog, Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, MF-104m Analog Delay
● Mutable Instruments: Shruthi, Anushri
● Novation: Bass Station
● Peavey: AT-200 Auto-Tune Guitar
● Pioneer: RMX-500 (VST/AU)
● Roland: JX-3P (PG-200), JX-8P (PG-800), MKS-30, MKS-50 (PG-300), JD-990, VG-99, Alpha Juno, Fantom X
● Sequential Circuits: Prophet 600, Six-Trak
● Sonic Charge: MicroTonic VST (μTonic)
● Sonic Potions: LXR Digital Drum Synth
● Strymon: "Trio" (BigSky, TimeLine, Mobius)
● A Tasty Pixel: Loopy HD
● TC Electronic: Nova Drive NDR-1
● ValhallaDSP: ÜberMod, VintageVerb, FreqEcho, Shimmer, Room
● Waldorf: Blofeld, Pulse, 4-Pole
● Where’s the Party At (WTPA)
● Yamaha: S90, DX7 Reface, CS6X/R
Find out more: midiDesigner.com
Daily updates on Twitter: @midiDesigner
Daily updates on Facebook: /midiDesigner
Community Layouts: midiDesigner.com/community
MIDI Designer 2.2.0 allows all users to download and use layouts authored with the Extra Features Pack IAP (authored in MDP 2.2 or later) for free!
The Extra Features Pack IAP is new to MIDI Designer Pro 2 and allows users to use:
● Custom Images in Image Panels
● Meter controls (with a free DAW plugin from musicIO, see midiDesigner.com/meters)
● Picker controls
See midiDesigner.com/flyerEFP for more information.
Also, another round of minor bugs were fixed, including an issue with the Y dimension of XY Pads not being indexed correctly on Page Load and Page Make Similar. This has been fixed, and "Fix Current Layout" now corrects this issue in existing layouts.
A huge thanks to users Joel Braverman for the suggestion regarding the EFP and Paul Northfield for the bug find with XY Pads.
2.2 is our 37th update to the go-to professional MIDI controller for iOS. We’ve been the App Store for over three years and have hundreds of thousands of downloads. Our users are smart, passionate and articulate. Thank YOU for your invaluable feedback, testing and dialog: with your help we keep pushing MIDI Designer forward.
Be sure to see how our Community has grown as well (midiDR.com/community#list)! You’ve shared layouts to control gear and apps from Akai, Casio, Dave Smith Instruments, EnergyXT2, Eventide, IK Multimedia, Jomox, Kawai, Korg, Line6, Moog, Mutable Instruments, Novation, Peavey, Pioneer, Roland, Sequential Circuits, Sugar Bytes, Sonic Charge, Sonic Potions, Strymon, A Tasty Pixel, TC Electronic, ValhallaDSP, Waldorf, WTPA, and Yamaha.
Our users know that we love feedback! Send us an email at support [at] mididesigner [dot] com.
Do you love MIDI Designer? Please take the time to leave a ridiculously positive review in the App Store.