Maestro - the Music Composition App
Now you can create real music compositions on your iPhone or iPod Touch using Maestro! You can create simple, treble-clef musical notation by simply dragging notes and rests to the stanza, play it for a friend, and save it for later editing.
Please note that you must be able to read and understand music to use this app. This app is not an electronic piano or flute or other instrument like so many apps are. This is an app for creating actual music composition to be read my musicians!
The main features of Maestro include:
1) Easy "drag and drop" of musical notes and rests to the stanza to create your musical composition.
2) Creating flats, sharps, and naturals is also easy: simply drag the flat/sharp/natural symbol to directly on top of the note. The symbol will be automatically added to the note.
3) Re-position notes on the stanza by simply dragging them around with your finger.
4) Easily change the key signature by tapping on the small sharp symbol (#) or the small flat symbol (b) directly above and below the clef, on the left side of the Maestro screen.
5) Insert and remove stanzas by tapping on the "Insert stanza" or "Remove stanza" text links at the bottom left side of the screen.
6) Remove any note or rest from the stanza by dragging it off the screen. For example, if you drag a note from the stanza to the "Maestro" logo at the top left, the note will disappear from the screen.
7) Control the playback by using the controls at the bottom of the Maestro interface: Stop, Play, Skip to Previous Stanza, and Skip to Next Stanza, are all available at the bottom of the screen.
8) Help options are available by tapping the "?" button at the top right of the screen.
9) Change the playback speed (Beats Per Minute, BPM) by tapping on the BPM indicator at the top of the Maestro screen.
10) Save, Load, or Share your composition by tapping on the "Options" button at the top. You can also create a new composition by tapping "New" in the Options area.
11) There is no limit to the number of saved compositions that you're allowed. Compositions are saved in the industry-standard MusicXML format.
12) Free upgrades!
We'll be making a lot of improvements to Maestro in the coming months. This is just version 1.0. Some planned features include: Bass clef support, better time signature support, ability to start playback at any position, and improved MusicXML support for compatibility with other MusicXML readers (like desktop music programs), and the ability to share compositions with other Maestro users.
Thanks for using Maestro!
A minor fix has been made to dotted notes that exceed a measure's
allowed duration (according to the time signature that has been set).
Now, if a note exceeds the duration of a measure, Maestro will lop off
the excess duration and if needed, removing dottedness. For example,
if you attempt to add a dotted whole note to a 4/4 measure, which is
not allowed, the dottedness will be removed.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 27, 2011
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (20)
- 34.0 MB