♫ Everyone should have a Kalimba on their iPhone. What's HOT - Music Category - July 2010 in the App Store!!! ♥Love playing MUSIC♬??? Bust out iPlay Kalimba and start JAMMING with your THUMBS. Unlike other monophonic Kalimba apps, advanced players can play up to 5 notes at the same time on iPlay Kalimba, which means you can even strum chords on it. It really is the PERFECT music instrument for the iPhone & iPod Touch! Go to iplay.wkode.com for demo videos, tutorials, and more.
The NO Sound Problem and Solution (http://iplay.wkode.com/kalimba/ for more info)
- This app uses the system sound engine (which on rare occasions behaves strangely...like no sound)
- Go into your device's sound settings page and set the volume slider to maximum and turn all the sound setting switches off and back on.
- That will refresh the sound engine
- You should get sound back on.
The Kalimba, a.k.a. African Thumb Piano, dates back 3000+ years in the west coast of Africa. Despite its design for complex music, the Kalimba is simple enough for children of all ages. Download and learn to play songs from other users. Create your own arrangements, upload them and share your work with the world.
iPlay Kalimba comes with 2 original kalimba backdrops, but you can use the built-in background designer to import photos and customize the look of your iPlay Kalimba. You'll spend hours at a time having fun playing music and decorating your photos with unlimited clipart & graphics. Impress family & friends with your artwork via email. (Watch how-to video tutorial on website)
Ways to play music:
1. Tap like a Kalimba - use your thumbs in Landscape Mode
2. Tap like a piano - left hand for chords and right thumb for melody in Portrait Mode
3. Strum and pick chords (3 notes make a chord - watch demo video on website)
4. Go up and down one of 26 popular scale types with your thumb. (e.g. major, minor, pentatonic, blues, etc...) Each with a different feel.
1. Record, save, name your recordings (until no more device space).
2. Instruments: Classic Kalimba, (Music Box in version 1.1 coming soon)
3. Chord selector sets up chords for strumming.
4. Download & learn songs from users.
5. Upload, backup, & share your songs.
6. 26 scale modes, each with a different mood.
7. Customize your keyboard layouts and save them.
8. background designer for customizing the background or for decorating your photos with clipart/graphics. Make yourself look like a manga character, email it, and crack people up.
9. Get a profile page when you register for an account in the iPlay community.
- Rotate your device to play in either Kalimba Mode or Classic iPlay Mode
- Touch a key to play it
- Tap one of the 3 keyboard layout buttons to switch layout quickly.
- To record your performances: Tap the 'Option' button and tap the 'Rec' button. Double tap the 'Stop' button when you are done.
- To playback your songs: Tap the 'Option' button and tap the 'Play' button.
- To enter setup mode: Tap the 'Option' button and tap the 'Settings' button. All floating menus/selection wheels can be dragged up and down.
- In setup mode, you may do the following:
1. Layout the keyboard with one of 26 scale modes.
2. Use one of your own customized keyboard layouts.
3. Layout the keyboard with chords for strumming
4. Customize your keyboard layout and save it.
5. Change instruments (in future updates)
6. Design your own background with the built-in background designer.
7. Decorate your photos with unlimited number of clipart/graphics (Watch tutorial on the web site)
- Music Box Sound Added
- Fixed a major bug that crashed the app
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 28, 2012
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (5)
- 22.1 MB