iOS iPad Music
iMPC Pro is a 64-track music production powerhouse with pro-grade tools for intuitive beat creation whenever inspiration strikes.
Need help? Have an issue or question? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With built-in sampling functionality, a massive sound library, loop slicing, time stretching, effects, and over 30 performance-driven features, iMPC Pro brings the functionality of Akai Professional's coveted MPC to your iPad. It combines multiple sampling methods, producer-tested MPC features, a custom sample library from Richard Devine, and an intuitive gestural editor for the most powerful, creative and fun iPad music production experience yet.
- Slice Loop lets you mark the beats in your samples and automatically match phrases and loops to sequence tempo. Change pitch and play 16 levels without affecting playback tempo.
- Timeline View opens a multi-touch gestural editor for sequencing, recording, and editing
- import iMPC Pro Packs from AudioCopy to expand your sample collection
- AudioCopy and AudioPaste for copying/pasting sequences from compatible apps
- Supports InterApp Audio mode. Record the outputs directly into other apps like GarageBand and Cubasis. Export tracks as an audio file.
- 64 tracks for flexible multi-track music production including gain fader, 3-band EQ, mute, solo, panning and FX sends on each track
- Sample audio from the iPad microphone, your own tracks using resampling, other apps using InterApp Audio, or your music library
- Chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing samples
- Flux mode lets you warp and glitch beats in real-time or with automation
- Precision Knobs and Faders expand on command for precisely dialing in parameters
- Exclusive sound library featuring 1,400+ samples from sound designer Richard Devine with hundreds of Akai Pro exclusive samples
- 16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of sounds
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Time correct: 1/8 note - 1/32T with variable swing
- MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note - 1/32T timing with latch
- Community sharing built-in: directly upload to SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
- Tabletop ready: use iMPC Pro inside the acclaimed Tabletop App to combine it with dozens of synths, sequencers, FX and more
- Classic "Next-Sequence" lets you juggle sequences to experiment with different compositions or for dynamic live performance
- Mute and poly pad groups for authentic percussion performance. Pad effects include custom-designed envelope filters, 4-mode distortion and ring mod
- Extensive Undo History lets you roll back projects to any state
We're proud to announce a big bug fixing update to iMPC Pro! Aside from a randomly occurring crash (among others) which has been fixed, it is also more efficient than previous releases. Here is a complete breakdown of what else we've changed in this release:
- Fixed crashes inside Timeline when dealing with recorded rapid pad taps
- Fixed crash in sample editor's "chop to pads" when adjusting threshold and rightmost pads are selected
- Fixed bug in sample editor's "chop to pads" feature that could leave the last slice without a proper end handle
- Fixed note repeat "buzz" glitch when using "natural" quantization (time correct)
- Export to MPC Desktop software now correctly supports Chop to Pads
- 3D Perform in Tune mode no longer sticks after it is turned off
- Flux Link recording now copies accurately instead of creating buzzing when duplicating sequences
- Current swing and quantization recording settings save with the session
- Improved MPC Element/Fly support (only the currently selected bank now lights the pads on the Element)
- Fixed "phantom notes" bug that can happen when a sequence is duplicated which contains a note-off at the very end
- The session browser's left-hand side menu now has a cleaner presentation, and a bug has been fixed where tapping the pencil icon loaded the session instead of renaming it
- Fixed problem in which queueing a sequence in Song mode may not keep the pad lit after it switches to the new sequence
- Timeline switches between tracks better (fixed stale audition pad issue)
And, finally, we have added a new feature that improves the workflow: The current swing and quantization recording settings save and restore with the session.