Hip Hop - Anywhere Artist
Digital Media Interactive presents the Hip-Hop iOS app, a collection of hypnotic beats and poetic rhymes. Featuring FREE music, news, photos, videos, and more from 12 of today's great hip-hop artists. Stay connected with all the latest updates from these talented artists on your iOS device. Available for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Current Featured Artists (Updated Regularly):
stic.man of Dead Prez, Mitchy Slick, Klass Money, aka Subliminal, Batabazi, Dumi Right, Farrah Burns, JtheSarge, Myka 9, RicandThadeus, Unity, and Winstrong
What is Hip Hop?
Three decades after its birth, hip-hop, which began as an artistic expression for black, urban youth, has come to be accepted and created by people all over the world.
Hip-hop emerged out of the social upheaval of the 1970s in New York's Bronx borough. Following the civil rights movement, blacks and Latinos in New York, particularly the South Bronx, battled with government neglect, high unemployment rates and slum-like housing.
Hip-hop became a way to express dissatisfaction with society and call for change. DJ Kool Herc, known for creating the breakbeat, the basis for hip-hop, is credited as a pioneer of the genre.
Hip-hop spread in New York and beyond with the likes of Grandmaster Flash, Public Enemy and Wu-Tang Clan. As hip-hop evolved, cities across America joined the movement. California became a hip-hop hot spot with some of its most famous artists including Snoop Dogg and New York-born California resident Tupac Shakur, whose poetic lyrics addressed issues such as racism and parental abandonment.
And as hip-hop music spread in America, it spread across art forms, races and nations. Graphic art, or graffiti, became part of hip-hop, along with spoken word poetry and hip-hop dance, which includes break dancing, popping and locking.
"On a purely aesthetic level, [hip hop is] danceable beats mixed with catchy hooks and lyrical, poetic rhymes are cross-culturally appealing,"
"On a sociocultural level, hip-hop is a music rooted in the real, while that 'real' is often exaggerated for effect (as in the glorification of violence or bravado, etc.), it is still a music rooted in the everyday experience of artists who have something to say about inequality or imbalances of power. And that is a sentiment that has no cultural barriers."
Reminiscent of its social roots, hip-hop is a tool for activism, a way to reach out to many fans of hip-hop -- the youth.
If you like this app, please be sure to give it a 5 star rating and help promote Hip-Hop to millions of iOS users. You can also share links to your favorite music and the app with friends on Facebook and Twitter.
You'll like this music if you like: Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Talib Kweli, Xzibit, 50 Cent, Lil' Wayne, etc.
Having issues? Crashes? Let us know and we will issue a fix right away. Please be sure to include what device you have, what version of iOS you are running, and when the issue occurs. Send reports to: email@example.com
Updated to Anywhere Artist Platform 4.0.
New in AA 4.0:
1. New info button in Nav Bar.
a. Combines About, Settings and New Remove Ads
b. You can now remove ads in some of the apps through an in-app-purchase.
2. Tracks now support "Did You Know" information. Tracks with data can include a blurb on the song as well as a link to a website, youtube video, flickr album etc.
3. Puzzle and Quiz combined into "Games" section.
4. Updated TableView styling and animations throughout app.
5. Added ability to add Show events to calendar.
6. Photos section now support multiple photo feeds including:
a. Local photos.
b. Picasa photos.
c. Flickr photos.
7. Links section support expanded.
a. Links can now contain sub-links.
b. Links now support location sets such as Dining, Hotels, and Attractions.
c. Links with region data now can be displayed in map view.
d. Links can now contain groups of data such as information, photos, videos, directions, and website.
8. Added support for full icon customization and order of icons.
9. Added support for apps that do not contain music.
10. Added support for apps that contain only 1 page of icons.
11. Minor text styling updates throughout app.
12. Added support for FeedBurner feeds.
13. Combined similar classes to reduce source code size.
14. Added support for iOS 5 Tweet.
15. Fixed Sleep bug.
16. Fixed News bug when popped and still loading Twitter feed.
17. Fixed memory leaks.
18. Performance improvements. Less redundant code. Decreased Launch time.
19. Create Content Controller for sections similar to Biography, Press, etc.
20. Added automatic App Store link creation.
21. Added full support for ad-less views.
22. Added support for custom logos in home screen Nav Bar.
23. Platform now fully supports promoting companies, magazines, tourist locations, musicians, and more.
24. Added new points to track analytics.
25. Added ability to save photos from photos sections.
26. Added sharing of songs, app, and links on Facebook, Twitter, by Email, and by Message.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 20, 2012
- Digital Media Interactive LLC
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (24)
- 158.3 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Blundernagging Brothers
• Christmas Piano - Anywhere Artist
• Classical Masters - Anywhere Artist
• Color Companion - Analyzer & Converter
• Hello Farm for Kids
• Hello Seasons - Christmas Edition - For Kids
• Hello Zoo for Kids
• James Cahall - New Age Piano
• Mike Mangan's Big Organ Trio
• Mitchy Slick
• New Age Piano
• TV Latina
• This Is Darien
• Toon Goggles - Cartoons for Kids
• UNITY AKA YP
• YOUNG NOBLE