This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Music
Gestrument - the revolutionary gesture instrument! Swipe your finger to play - it has never been easier to make music!
Gestrument received the Innovation Prize in culture 2012 from the City of Stockholm.
Rated as Killer App by Apps4iDevices.com "Wahou...!!! I love, love Gestrument!"
From the review in www.appadvice.com "You don’t have to be a musician to appreciate the magic that is made with Gestrument. All you need is two fingers and some free time."
From video review Sonic Touch by sonicstate.com "I think it is one of the more interesting I've seen in recent times"
From the review in SmiteMatter.com "This is the chocolate and peanut butter of gesture and instrument. Yum."
Excerpts from AppStore reviews:
"Wonderful stuff" *****
"Best musical app ever" *****
"Brilliant! Simple AND Deep" *****
"Génial. Tout simplement génial !" *****
"Thanks for releasing this fantastic instrument." *****
"In love with Gestrument since my first touch. Endless possibilities." *****
"Play with it for just a few minutes and your mind is already racing with inspiration" *****
"This is a totally original well thought out and beautifully constructed music making app." *****
"If you like to play with sound this is your app. Simply that. It is what you have to have." *****
"What a wonderfully creative new way to make music!" *****
"Herzlichen Dank dem Entwickler, ein geniales App." *****
"Wow! This is a wonderful way to create music." *****
"Instant gratification, can't wait to dig in more!" *****
"Vom einem Komponisten für Komponisten." *****
"Rivoluzionario! Bellissima!" *****
"Total Creativity" *****
See videos and read more about Gestrument on www.gestrument.com
Developed by Jesper Nordin (www.jespernordin.com) and Jonatan Liljedahl (www.kymatica.com)
• Play and compose music with the swipe of your finger
• Generate music within defined scales and rhythms
• Improvise freely within a fully controlled musical framework
• Use the internal GM sound bank or your favorite MIDI synthesizer, or load your own sf2 soundfonts.
• Use Gestrument to control other iOS apps or external MIDI programs through a MIDI interface (CoreMidi enabled) or Network MIDI
• MIDI clock in and out let's you sync with sequencers, DAW's and other apps
• Control parameters with external MIDI controller or Virtual MIDI
• Create and save your own presets and share with your friends or download new presets from www.gestrument.com
• Record what you play to audio and MIDI file
• Export recordings to AudioShare - audio document manager
• Copy recordings with AudioCopy
• Play back previous recordings, optionally looping
• Use Gestrument as a source synth in Audiobus
• Allow mixing with other apps, for example play a track in the Music app and play along with it in Gestrument.
• Use external MIDI cc to control cursor and sliders
• Hold (sustain) toggle let you play on other apps while Gestrument is still playing in the background
• Universal, runs on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Improvise or compose within the scales and rhythms you choose. Use parameters like pulse density, scale morphing, rhythm randomness or pitch fluctuation to find new paths for your musical expression and creativity. Use the tutorials or define your own settings to fit the musical style you want to play and compose in. Play on up to eight instruments at once - all with different individual settings.
Gestrument works equally well for rhythmic music or sweeping soundscapes, for solo melodies or chord blocks, for long lines or short staccatos. It can help you make music in whichever genre you can imagine.
Gestrument works directly with its built in sounds and is therefore perfect for the amateur or beginner who wants to make music in an intuitive way. But it is first and foremost built for professional musicians and composers who can work with the settings to build advanced theoretical frameworks that they can later improvise or compose within.
• Support MIDI program change to switch between user presets
• Optional metronome click, enable in Synth Settings
• Included User's Guide
• Various fixes and tweaks