Designed for Professionals
Everything just where you need it. No virtual hardware simulation, no toy-like turntables. Made for the DJ performing in front of the crowd.
Try it for free! When you’ve chosen DJ Player as your weapon of choice, remove all ads and nags by upgrading.
From a small party to a huge venue, DJ Player fits every DJ setup. Use it standalone or with your favorite gear: external mixers, MIDI controllers, USB sound cards. You can even use turntables with timecode vinyl.
DJ Player matches the performance, audio quality, latency, stability and features of laptop DJ software without compromise.
Check http://djplayerapp.com more information.
Digital DJ Tips:
"…the iOS power user’s DJ software of choice…"
"If Algoriddim’s DJay is the Serato of iOS DJing, then DJ Player is definitely the Traktor."
"DJ Player has just raised the bar considerably, as well as the expectations of the masses following this amazing progress."
"… this is exciting stuff."
"Excellent performance and sound."
"… the most legitimate consideration available for using an iPad (or iPads) to DJ instead of a laptop."
"DJ Player truly is the “premium” DJ app that it claims to be, and I highly recommend it to those looking for a professional grade DJ app."
New user interface and workflows
- Most important performance controls are always visible for two decks.
- Portrait mode.
- Shift button secondary features everywhere.
- Pitch bend, fine pitch adjust, frame-precise step and backspin directly on the waveform.
- Two panes per deck: tempo and cue/loop points.
- One tap to display mixer + effects.
- Rarely used controls under More.
- Four deck mode on the iPad: available from the iPad 2 without any limitation in features, smoothness, stability or audio quality.
- Four deck mode on the latest iPhones/iPod touch generation.
Quantize and sync
- Both styles available: quantize+sync or classic beat-matching. Switch them per deck, or set defaults in the Settings app.
- Greatly improved and made for "Traktor"-style DJing. Enabled by default.
- Auto master sync: the master deck is automatically set according to the mixer controls. The status bar (top) background color shows the current master deck. Double-tap on Sync to adjust manually.
- Tempo pane is divided between both styles. Very easy live grid adjustment controls.
- Beatgrids are stored in the database (if you remove a track, it will not be lost).
Cues and loops
- A slot is a cue point or loop now, not both.
- Loops automatically enter looping mode.
- Press Cue to exit a loop.
- In and Out points live editable. Hold shift to snap/unsnap to beat.
- Shift + empty slot for instant 4-beats loops.
- "Performance looping" is moved to the Roll effect.
- Trap loop: if the 8th slot is a loop, then it becomes a "trap". When the track reaches the 8th loop's beginning, it automatically goes to looping mode and never ends.
- Auto-pfl with unique switching characteristics for headphone mixing without monitor speakers.
- Crossfader settings moved under More, because they become "performance" tools.
- Constant-power curve improved and renamed to Smooth Mix.
- Cross-bass: adjusts bass EQs automatically with crossfader. Curve depends on the current crossfader-curve, optimized for different genres (Beatmix for hip-hop/funky, Smooth Mix for house).
- Roll effect.
- Five simultaneous effects per deck: time (roll) + filter + color (flanger/lofi) + space (echo/reverb) + low/highpass.
- Tap with a second finger on the effect field to turn it on permanently.
- New default mappings for the Numark N4/Mixtrack Pro/iDJ Live, iON iDJ2GO, Vestax VCI-400/Spin 2.
- Four decks mapped where available, including proper deck switching.
- Replace existing mappings to the new ones: remove the existing mapping files in iTunes File Sharing, then relaunch DJ Player.
- Experimental plug-and-play support for Reloop Terminal Mix 2.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 06, 2013
- iMect Ltd.
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (21)
- 0.9 MB