Extend your piano sheet music library with the full collection of Chopin's polonaises - with this practical resource to explore, reference and learn music.
• Music scores contained within the app - no further downloads.
• Excellent viewing with full page sheet music browser.
• Easy page turn with one swipe.
• Zoom in either landscape or portrait mode.
• Universal app works on iPhone or iPad.
• Uses high resolution images for extra clarity.
• Create your own repertoire list - spend more time playing!
• Polonaise in G minor, B.1
• Grande fantaisie sur des airs polonais, Op.13
• Polonaise in B-flat minor, B.13
• Andante spianto et Grande polonaise brillante, Op.22
• Polonaises, Op.26
• Introduction et polonaise brillante, Op.3
• Polonaise in G-flat major, B.36
• Polonaises, Op.40
• Polonaise in F-sharp minor, Op.44
• Polonaise in A-flat major, B.5
• Polonaise in A-flat major, Op.53
• Polonaise in G-sharp minor, B.6
• Polonaise-fantaise, Op.61
• Polonaises, Op.71
Rather than download each piece - the sheet music is indexed and embedded within the app - so you spend less time sorting music and more time playing!
Frédéric Chopin (March 1, 1810 – October 17, 1849) is regarded as one the greatest Polish composers and one of the very finest composers for the piano. A major figure in nineteenth-centry classical music and the Romantic Period, Chopin was one of a very small group of child prodigies, including Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Felix Mendelssohn.
Chopin composed his first polonaise at the age of seven, and he greatly developed the style over the course of his creative career. As in the case of the nocturnes, Chopin perfected an existing form. Among the best known polonaises are the "Military" Polonaise in A, Op. 40, No. 1, and the "Heroic" or "Drum" Polonaise in A♭, Op. 53 - both are included in this app.
The polonaise is a processional dance in triple time, the hallmark rhythm of which comprises an eighth note and two sixteenths, followed by four eighth notes. Liszt felt that “this dance is designed above all to draw attention to the men and to gain admiration for their beauty, their fine arts, their martial and courteous appearance.”
For Chopin, however, these compositions are the finest expression of his nostalgic grief with respect to the struggles of his homeland. Chopin composed nine polonaises before leaving Poland. It is only later, in France, that his genius matured. “His seven later examples are thrilling in their splendour, rancour, and instrumental invention.”
Momedia - helping explore, reference and learn music.
Simplified controls plus added audio recording using the in-built microphone. Record, save and share practice sessions.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 08, 2013
- Momedia Ltd
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (1)
- 11.9 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Bach Keyboard Scores
• Beethoven Sonatas
• Chopin Mazurkas
• Chopin Nocturnes
• Chopin Piano
• Chopin Études
• Debussy Piano
• Liszt Piano
• Liszt Rhapsodies
• Mozart Piano
• Mozart Strings Sheet Music
• Pipe Tunes
• Robert Burns
• Schumann Piano
• Scott Joplin