BIAS - Guitar and Bass Amp Designer and Modeler for iPhone
BIAS is an Amp Designer, Modeler and Processor. It's warm, accurate and more versatile than any other modeler, processor in hardware or software ever created.
BIAS starts with stunning replications of 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history and then lets you customize them to respond perfectly to your unique touch and feel. Swap out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic—even change the tube’s bias—to create your dream amp and distinctive signature sound. Tap once to open your BIAS amp in JamUp and add awesome multi-effects.
Close your eyes, and you’ll swear you’re hearing the real thing. With BIAS, you own a complete virtual collection of the most coveted and unique guitar amps of all time—some dating as far back as the 1940s. Every amp model is meticulously engineered to respond to your playing with immediacy, sensitivity and realism that make you not only sound better but also play better. And BIAS sounds great on bass guitar, too.
But BIAS doesn’t stop there. Create totally new sounds by designing your custom dream amp. It’s as easy as tap and drag. Using BIAS’ highly intuitive and lightning-fast interface, it’s child’s play to instantly swap out colorful tube preamps, lush distortion circuits, classic tone stacks, boutique power stages, custom-built transformers and cabs loaded with specially matched speakers. The result is a depth and range of tones not possible using traditional guitar amps or other modelers. Whether you’re a classic rocker, metalhead, jazz player, bluesman or singer-songwriter—and whether you understand how amplifier electronics work or not—you’ll be dialing in killer, exclusive tones in a heartbeat.
BIAS integrates seamlessly with Positive Grid's free JamUp XT and optional JamUp Pro XT guitar multi-effects apps, expanding BIAS into a powerful and completely unified professional guitar system for live use, recording and jamming. Simply tap the JamUp icon on BIAS' upper bar to open your current BIAS amp setup directly in either JamUp XT or JamUp Pro XT. JamUp XT adds 1 amp and 6 effects to your BIAS rigs. JamUp Pro XT adds fully 6 amps and 16 stomp-box and premium rack effects - including distortion, compression, tape delay, tremolo and spring reverb. Both JamUp XT and JamUp Pro XT include Jam player, 8-track recorder and phrase sampler, tuner and metronome, effectively turning BIAS into a recording studio and top-of-the-line practice utility.
BIAS works with GarageBand and other audio apps using iOS 7’s Inter-App Audio and Audiobus. Whether recording, songwriting, or honing your chops—at home or on the road—BIAS places unequaled tone at your fingertips.
• The most complete, accurate, and versatile amp modeling available in the world
• 36 amp models included with the introductory release
• Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, acoustic and bass
• Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets and mic selection and placement—mix and match!
• Customize the look and feel of your own amp panel, change name, tolex, panel and knobs.
• Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two 8-band equalizers
• Create a virtually unlimited number of custom amps
• Quick preset to recall each of your 8 favorite settings in turn with just one tap
• Seamless integration with JamUp XT and JamUp Pro XT, open and save your amp models inside JamUp with one tap
• Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
Also check out BIAS Desktop (AAX/RTAS/VST/AU) at: www.positivegrid.com
What's new in BIAS 1.5.10:
This update adds new appearance support for BIAS Desktop amp models. It fixes tone stack's controls panel mapping issue and "save as" menu issue, and other minor improvements.
We continue to work with session artists world-wide to create professional custom amp models and amp-matched models made from recordings in leading studios. You can download BIAS Desktop demo for free at www.positivegrid.com.
BIAS Desktop is a groundbreaking guitar amp modeler with Positive Grid's Amp Match™ technology, it offers an entirely new concept of putting any tube amplifier tone and feel into a plug-in (AAX/RTAS/AU/VST) for Mac and PC. It features the most accurate, thorough and versatile guitar-amp modeler and designer engine, and it can accurately capture and match the tone of any tube amplifier, users can then share or download amp models from BIAS’s built-in ToneCloud® amp-sharing platform.
We've got some big things coming down the pipeline, stay tuned with us on our Facebook or Twitter!
The Positive Grid Team
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 4 hours ago
- Positive Grid Inc
- 158.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.50 (4)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (48)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• AccuTune - Guitar Tuner
• Beats Metronome
• BIAS - Guitar and Bass Amp Designer and Modeler
• Final Touch - Professional Audio Post Production and Mixing
• Jam Player - Time and Pitch Audio Player
• JamUp - Guitar Amps and Multi-Effects Processor with Multitrack Recorder, Backing Track Player, Phrase Sampler, Tuner and Metronome
• JamUp Pro - Guitar Amps and Multi-Effects Processor with Multitrack Recorder, Backing Track Player, Phrase Sampler, Tuner and Metronome
• Tension Drum Tuner