BIAS AMP 2
iOS iPad Music
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile is a professional virtual amp designer that offers replications of 36 of the best vintage, modern and boutique amps in rock. The app gives you the power to create new sounds by designing your own dream amplifier, letting you swap out tubes, preamps, power amps, transformers, tone stacks, cab, and microphones, all via a powerful and intuitive interface designed for your iPad. Whether you’re a classic rocker, metalhead, jazz player, bluesman or singer-songwriter - and whether you understand how amplifier electronics work or not - you’ll be dialing in killer and exclusive tones in a heartbeat.
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile adds a host of new features, including a powerful new user interface, new preamp and power amp modules, tubes, tone stacks, Blues and Bass amp packs, new Dynamic Tone Control, new speaker cabinet module with multi-mic capability and open/closed back cabinet emulation and much more. In addition to all of these amazing new features, we’ve also partnered with legendary Celestion to create brand new custom multi-mic speaker cabs using their famed impulse responses!
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile seamlessly integrates with Positive Grid’s ToneCloud®, which is far more than a simple storage tank for your own custom tones - it’s an active community where thousands of guitarists upload, share and discuss tones. The ToneCloud® gives you access to thousands of custom amps created by artists, recording studios and guitarists like you, so you’ll never lack for sonic inspiration.
To take your tones to the next level, there are 9 full-featured reverbs in BIAS AMP 2 Mobile. These aren’t just simple two-knob reverbs either - they range from lush halls and chambers to intimate rooms, and each reverb has control of decay time, mix level, high and low cut filters, damping and dwell.
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile integrates seamlessly with Positive Grid's BIAS FX (iPad version only) and JamUp guitar multi-effects apps for iPad, expanding BIAS AMP 2 Mobile into a powerful and completely unified professional guitar system for live use, recording and jamming. Both JamUp and JamUp Pro include effects processors, Jam player, 8-track recorder and phrase sampler, tuner and metronome, effectively turning BIAS AMP 2 Mobile into a recording studio and top-of-the-line practice utility.
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile also works with GarageBand and other audio apps using iOS’s Inter-App Audio and Audiobus. Whether you’re recording, writing songs or honing your chops—at home or on the road—BIAS products place unequaled tone at your fingertips.
• Complete, accurate and versatile component-level amp modeling
• 36 amp models included with the introductory release, with thousands more available via the ToneCloud®.
• Factory categories that allow you to organize amps by music genre and sonic impact (clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, acoustic, and bass)
• Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, and mic selection and placement - mix and match!
• Customize the look and feel of your amp panel by changing the name, tolex, front panel and knobs
• Ability to work the way guitarists think: Tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two 8-band equalizers
• Noise gate
• 9 lush and full-featured reverbs
• Create a virtually unlimited number of custom amps
• Preset to recall each of your 8 favorite settings
• Seamless integration with JamUp and JamUp Pro; open and save your amp models inside JamUp with one tap
• Seamless integration with BIAS FX; open and save your amp models inside BIAS FX with one tap
• Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
Also check out BIAS AMP 2 for desktop machines (AAX/VST/AU) at: www.positivegrid.com
For more information, please visit:
This latest update improves the microphone behavior and sound of the Phase Tube. This update also consists of the following changes:
Improvements and Feature Changes
- Improved volume compensation when a second microphone is added to the CAB module.
- Replaced the Phase Tube for Blues/Insane Poweramp.
- Revised BIAS Head/Rack/MINI firmware to fix the control issue while connecting with hardware device.
- Fixed the random crash issue that occurs when selecting presets between BIAS AMP 2 and BIAS MINI.
- Fixed the issue that occurs when renaming a module preset.
- Fixed the issue with custom background.
- Fixed some minor UI layout issues.
- Fixed the issue of “Save” light behavior while attempting to connect with BIAS Head.
- Fixed random crashes.
The Positive Grid Team