Zollinger's Atlas of Surgical Operations
For more than half-a-century, Zollinger’s Atlas of Surgical Operations has been the gold-standard reference for learning how to perform the most common surgical procedures using safe, well-established techniques. This app continues this tradition of excellence with many user friendly features such as super fast search with spelling suggestions, alphabetized index of operations, recent viewing history, bookmarks, notes, color illustrations of more than 230 procedures that can be viewed in a swipe-able image gallery, and much more.
This app contains over 1600 color-highlighted illustrations that depict every important action a surgeon must consider while performing the operation. The text includes consistently formatted coverage of indications, preoperative preparation, anesthesia, position, operative preparation, incision and exposure, procedure, closure, and postoperative care.
This app is easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or index of topics. The search tool shows you choices of words that appear in the text as you type so it is quick and helps with spelling issues. It also remembers past search terms so you can go back to a topic or image very easily. You can also create notes and bookmarks to enhance your learning. No Internet connection needed to view the app after it has been downloaded. It is all ready for quick image and information retrieval.
"...a beautifully illustrated atlas of modern surgical procedures....While in other atlases line drawings may simplify and operative photographs may add realism, the illustrations in this atlas allow the surgeon to visualize both the anatomy and the operation. Beyond this, the softly colored illustrations are aesthetically pleasing and invite reading of the accompanying narrative....In sum, while the ninth edition of Zollinger's Atlas of Surgical Operations differs from the early editions in many ways, it nonetheless evokes the enduring qualities of its predecessors and will guide yet another generation of surgeons."--JAMA review of book on which the app is based
Check out www.usatinemedia.com to learn more and watch a video demo of this app narrated by Dr. Richard P. Usatine.
This interactive app is based on content from Zollinger's Atlas of Surgical Operations, 9th Edition by McGraw-Hill.
Robert M. Zollinger, Jr., MD, FACS
Professor Emeritus, Department of Surgery, Case Western Reserve
University School of Medicine and University Hospitals; formerly, Instructor in Surgery, Harvard Medical School and the Peter Bent Brigham Hospital
E. Christopher Ellison, MD, FACS
Associate Vice-President for Health Sciences and Vice-Dean for Clinical Affairs,
Robert M. Zollinger Professor and Chair of Surgery, The Ohio State University College of Medicine
Marita Bitans, Jennifer Smith, Carol Donner, Mildred Codding, Paul Fairchild, and William Ollila
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media, LLC
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family Medicine, Professor of Dermatology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer
- iPhone 5 and iOS 6 support
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 04, 2013
- Usatine Media LLC
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 389.5 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Color Atlas and Synopsis of Pediatric Dermatology
• Color Atlas and Synopsis of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
• Color Atlas of Cosmetic Dermatology
• Color Atlas of Family Medicine 2/E
• Color Atlas of Pediatric Dermatology
• Comprehensive Dermatologic Drug Therapy
• Dermatologic and Cosmetic Procedures
• Dermoscopy: An Illustrated Self-Assessment Guide
• Family Practice Examination and Board Review
• First Aid for the USMLE: Step 1 2013, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3
• Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology
• Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine Self-Assessment and Board Review 18th Edition
• Lange Anatomy Flash Cards
• Lange Top 300 Pharmacy Drug Cards
• Minor Emergencies
• Pediatric Dermatology DDx Deck
• Pfenninger and Fowler's Procedures for Primary Care
• Pocket Atlas of Emergency Ultrasound
• Schwartz's Principles of Surgery ABSITE and Board Review
• The Atlas of Emergency Medicine
• The Atlas of Emergency Medicine Flashcards