Hearing Loss Myth: Hearing loss affects only "old people" and is merely a sign of aging.
Actually it is the reverse of what most people think. The majority (65%) of people with hearing loss are younger than age 65. There are more than six million people in the U.S. between the ages of 18 and 44 with hearing loss, and nearly one and a half million are school age. Hearing loss affects all age groups.
uHear™ is a hearing loss screening test which allows you to test your hearing to determine if it is within normal range, or if you have a potential hearing loss.
uHear lets you assess your hearing on any one or all three of these tests:
1. Hearing Sensitivity is used to determine the quietest sounds you can hear.
2. Speech in Noise is a measurement of your ability to understand speech in the presence of noise.
3. Questionnaire is a series of twelve questions regarding your performance in common listening situations.
If you do suspect a hearing loss, please seek the advice of a professional.
uHear was designed by Donald Hayes, Ph.D. Director of Audiology for Unitron Hearing.
Test yourself! Test your friends! Test your kids! Test your parents!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 01, 2009
- Unitron Hearing Limited
- 5.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.50 (8838)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (8844)