Stedman's Medical Dictionary
iOS Universal Medical
First published in 1911, Stedman's Medical Dictionary features over 107,000 terms and definitions, and is a benchmark for medical reference. 45 prominent medical consultants have reviewed each dictionary entry in the areas of endocrinology, gastroenterology, geriatrics, and rheumatology.
Inside, you'll find high profile terms that allow users to thoroughly develop knowledge of the key concepts in medicine. Entries are listed in Terminologia Anatomica for the Gross Anatomy and Neuroanatomy as sanctioned by the Federative Committee on Anatomical Terminology and 90% of medical language comes from 1200 Greek and Latin words. To aid in learning these terms, the suffixes, prefixes and combining forms are listed as separate entries, denoting that derivatives stem from them.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* Fun and engaging word games like ‘Hangman’, ‘Word scramble’ and ‘Anagrams’ give you the opportunity to use newly learned words
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Complete visual redesign
• Beautifully integrated for iPhone X
• New Home view for quick access to the most frequently used functions
• Now Swipe to delete entries from the Favorites and Recent menus
• Navigate the Word of the Day entries by swiping
• Recently viewed entries will appear at the top of the search field
• Keyboard search optimizations
• Bug fixes & Improvements