Pregnancy Drugs and Meds
A glossary of common over the counter and prescription drugs and medications for pregnant woman and women who wish to become pregnant. This reference includes publicly-available information from the FDA. Many of these drugs and medications are over-the-counter (OTC).
For each drug, overview information, any pregnancy warnings, and any lactation warnings have been recorded in each database entry.
Please note that you should always check the label on any medication you're taking, and consult your pharmacist or physician regarding drug and medication uses and side effects. The information contained in this application may be inaccurate.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all drugs. The top 150 drugs are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove drugs, and access drugs you added using My Drugs. If you find drug data that needs revision, you can edit it using your on-screen keypad, or perhaps an image of the drug label (use the little camera icon on the edit screen for this).
- You can rate drugs on a 5-star system. Once rated, the drug info is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button in the "More" section at the bottom of the screen.
- Mark your favorite drugs, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any drug to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your animals, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any drug in up to 2 categories, if desired.
- Shake your mobile device for a random drug. This is just fun on every level. Your kids will like this one, too.
- "View All" drugs for access to every item in the database.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one database entry to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating this drugs database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the drug. For example, comments about what side-effects the drug had on you might be useful.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've viewed recently.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
This app requires at least OS version 3.0
**** UPGRADES ARE ALWAYS FREE for applications created by Darren Gates *****
If you liked this app, you'll probably also like things like "Drugs and Meds: Quick Reference" and "Drugs and Meds: OTC Drugs" and many other medical applications by Darren Gates.
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this application comes from a variety of public domain sources, including US government websites, Wikipedia Commons, public university websites, and public domain data archives. To the best of our knowledge, the images and content used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates (the author) at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. We take claims of copyright infringement very seriously, and will promptly remove any offending content.
In this version, a search utility has been added for each category, so you can search within a category as well as searching the entire app. Also, you can add a URL to any entry, if desired. For example, you may wish to link to a Wikipedia page on the subject. You can also add multimedia content to any entry.
E-mails now contain the category information, we well as as the basic title/body content. When adding or editing an entry, you can also now input basic HTML tags into the content field, like and tags. Some minor bugs were also fixed.
If you are upgrading to this most recent version, you must first completely remove the app from your mobile device, then re-install the app. Upgrades are free, of course, so this won't cost you anything, and you'll be able to take advantage of these new features. If you have any problems upgrading, please contact the developer (Darren) at email@example.com Customer support is free and fast!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 15, 2010
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 1.50 (7)
- 1.2 MB