The OrthoCare app is primarily designed to help junior orthopaedic surgeons, nurses, physicians assistants and physiotherapists when looking after orthopaedic patients undergoing surgery. It provides information not readily available about how to prepare a patient for an operation, what to tell them when gaining consent and answers the commonly asked questions by patients. The app has the unique feature for every surgical topic, of the answers to Frequently Asked Questions. These are not found in any other known publication that is known of.
This is a fabulous resource to help you manage and communicate with your patients. This resource is full of pictures and videos about procedures and hardware. It will receive continual updates for free, as more content, images, and videos will be continually added.
This is a concise and useful tool for any clinician in this setting.
- Search for conditions
- Conditions summarized by General Principles, Upper Limb, Lower Limb, and Axial Skeleton
- Add any condition to a Favorites list
- Categories in each condition include a synopsis of the condition, Making the Diagnosis, Preoperative Management, Treatment, The Operation, and Postoperative Care
- Tips for each condition on the history, performing the examination, radiographs, and making the diagnosis.
- List of common associated injuries for pertinent conditions
- List of potential post-surgical complications
- FAQs for post-surgery to include time to return to work or sport, medication, immobilization, hospital stay, etc
The content of this app is written and edited by Dr Boyd Goldie who is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in London. He is a Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association and an active member of the British Elbow Shoulder Surgery Society and British Society Surgery of the Hand.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 04, 2013
- Clinically Relevant Technologies
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1)
- 90.6 MB