Oxford Handbook of Paediatrics, Second Edition
This Oxford University Press source of information is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand’s patented technology.
•Provides a child-centred approach to the care of the paediatric patient
•Includes hands-on advice on common dilemmas in paediatric medicine
•A convenient and practical guide to successful evidence-based clinical paediatrics
•A must-have resource at all stages of training and in various clinical practice settings
New to this edition
•Includes completely revised chapters on neurology and respiratory medicine
•Covers management guidelines on inherited metabolic disease
•Provides further information on medical and research ethics
•Enhanced usage of diagnostic and treatment algorithms
Now fully revised and updated with the latest guidelines, this new edition of the Oxford Handbook of Paediatrics is a compact guide to all aspects of acute and chronic paediatrics. The handbook's team of specialist contributors and editors have successfully condensed many years of clinical experience into a pocket-sized compendium of clinical problems and treatment options. Taking a child-centred approach to the subject, the authors have provided comprehensive coverage of areas such as neonatology, surgery, genetics and congenital malformations, and child protection in a user-friendly and succinct style. Sections are also devoted to covering the treatment of children in the community, and the psychological effects of illness on both the child and their family. All chapters have been updated for this new edition, with completely overhauled chapters on neurology and respiratory medicine, the latest management guidelines on inherited metabolic disease, further information on medical and research ethics, and enhanced usage of diagnostic and treatment algorithms. With practical advice and space for personalized notes, this handbook will be invaluable to all those involved in the care of the younger patient.
Readership: Aimed primarily at doctors in training in clinical paediatrics and specialist nurses, the Oxford Handbook of Paediatrics will also prove invaluable to staff in accident and emergency, general practitioners, paediatric surgeons, anaesthetists and child psychiatrists. It will also be of great interest to undergraduates during their paediatric training.
Audience: This Oxford Handbook is intended for a UK audience as well as other areas which follow UK medical practice including Europe, Australia, the Middle East, India and East Asia.
Authors: Edited by Robert C. Tasker, Robert J. McClure, and Carlo L. Acerini
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. MedHand is the exclusive partner of Oxford University Press, publishing the latest editions of their Medical Handbooks in digital format.
MedHand offers user-friendly, quick and intuitive applications for medical books on iPhone, iPod and iPad, supporting you with mobile knowledge at the point of care. Offering the most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers. MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care!
-Various bug fixes
-minor book management changes
-Some content updates
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 27, 2014
- MedHand – Mobile Libraries
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 10.7 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Anatomy at a Glance, 3rd Edition
• Bonney's Gynaecological Surgery, 11th Edition
• CDC Health Information for International Travel 2014 - The Yellow Book (FREE Sample)
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Cardiology, Thi...
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Critical Care, ...
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Obstetrics & Gynecology, Tenth Edition
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Psychiatry, Second Edition
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Surgery, Thirte...
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment in Family Medic...
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment in Pediatrics, ...
• CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care 2012
• Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Int...
• Dr Companion® Institutional Application
• Dr Companion® Mobile Medical
• Dr Companion’s Complete Medical Reference Bundle – U.S. Edition (FREE Sample)
• Drugs in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
• Emergencies in Anaesthesia, Second Edition
• Emergencies in Clinical Medicine
• Emergencies in Clinical Surgery
• Emergencies in Primary Care
• Emergent Management of Trauma, 3rd Edition
• Evidence-based Medicine Toolkit, 2nd Edition
• Harrison´s Manual of Oncology
• Hurst's the Heart Manual of Cardiology, 12th Edition
• Manual of Childhood Infections, Third Edition
• OAPC Chemotherapy for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
• OAPC Dopamine Agonists in Type 2 Diabetes
• OAPC Febrile Neutropenia
• OAPC Medical Management of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
• OAPC Prophylactic HPV Vaccines for Cervical Cancer
• OAPN Chemotherapy-induced Nausea and Vomiting
• OAPN Coronary Stenting
• OAPN Opioid Risk Management Tools and Tips
• OAPN Postherpetic Neuralgia
• Oxford American Handbook of Anesthesiology
• Oxford American Handbook of Clinical Dentistry
• Oxford American Handbook of Clinical Medicine
• Oxford American Handbook of Critical Care
• Oxford American Handbook of Emergency Medicine
• Oxford American Handbook of Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Oxford American Handbook of Psychiatry
• Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties
• Oxford Handbook of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
• Oxford Handbook of Paediatrics
• Oxford Handbook of Tropical Medicine, Third Edition
• Pharmacotherapy Handbook, Eighth Edition
• Rapid Medicine, 2nd Edition
• Rapid Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2nd Edition
• Rapid Paediatrics and Child Health, 2nd Edition
• Rapid Psychiatry, 2nd Edition
• Rapid Surgery, 2nd Edition
• TNM Classification of Malignant Tumours, 7th edition
• The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry, 11th Edition
• UCL Hospitals Injectable Medicines Administrat...
• mobilePDR® Prescribers Edition
• mobilePDR®, 66th edition