OAPN Chemotherapy-induced Nausea and Vomiting
This Oxford American Pocket Notes source of information is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand.
Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV) is a distressing and common adverse event associated with cancer treatment. Seventy to eighty percent of patients undergoing chemotherapy experience emesis, with 10-44% experiencing anticipatory emesis. CINV results in significant morbidity and negatively impacts patient quality of life. CINV may also cause non-adherence to chemotherapy or dose reductions due to nausea and vomiting. Supportive care and management of CINV are essential elements of effective cancer treatment. Failure to adequately control CINV can lead to a number of complications including weakness, weight loss, electrolyte imbalance, dehydration, or anorexia and is associated with a variety of complications, including fractures, esophageal tears, decline in behavioral and mental status, and wound dehiscence. Good control and management of CINV can greatly improve patients' overall quality of life and requires dedicated team work from oncologists and oncology nurses.
Part of the new Oxford American Pocket Notes series, this very concise guide presents a brief overview of the classification, prevention, and management of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. A valuable resource in the hospital setting for oncologists and oncology nurses alike, this practical, up-to-date volume includes sections on the pathophysiology and clinical features of CINV as well as treatment therapies including new and emerging antiemetic agents. Uniquely compact and affordable, this app contains current guidelines from ASCO, NCCN and ONS for managing CINV in the outpatient setting. In addition, it includes discussions of future research trends and information on additional online resources for clinicians and nurses.
Authors: Rudolph M Navari
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. MedHand is the exclusive partner of Oxford University Press, publishing the latest editions of their Medical Handbooks in digital format.
MedHand offers user-friendly, quick and intuitive applications for medical books on iPhone, iPod and iPad, supporting you with mobile knowledge at the point of care. Offering the most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers. MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 23, 2011
- MedHand – Mobile Libraries
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 1.8 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Anatomy at a Glance, 3rd Edition
• Bonney's Gynaecological Surgery, 11th Edition
• British National Formulary 63 (March 2012)
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Cardiology, Thi...
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Critical Care, ...
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Obstetrics & Gynecology, Tenth Edition
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Psychiatry, Second Edition
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Surgery, Thirte...
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment in Family Medic...
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment in Pediatrics, ...
• CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care 2012
• Clinical Anesthesiology, 4th Edition
• Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Int...
• Dr Companion® Institutional Application
• Dr Companion® Mobile Medical
• Emergencies in Anaesthesia, Second Edition
• Emergencies in Clinical Medicine
• Emergencies in Clinical Surgery
• Emergencies in Primary Care
• Emergent Management of Trauma, 3rd Edition
• Evidence-based Medicine Toolkit, 2nd Edition
• Harrison´s Manual of Oncology
• Hurst's the Heart Manual of Cardiology, 12th Edition
• Manual of Childhood Infections, Third Edition
• OAPC Chemotherapy for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
• OAPC Dopamine Agonists in Type 2 Diabetes
• OAPC Febrile Neutropenia
• OAPC Fibromyalgia
• OAPC Medical Management of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
• OAPC Prophylactic HPV Vaccines for Cervical Cancer
• OAPN Coronary Stenting
• OAPN Opioid Risk Management Tools and Tips
• OAPN Postherpetic Neuralgia
• OAPN Statin Prescribing Guide
• Oxford American Handbook of Anesthesiology
• Oxford American Handbook of Clinical Dentistry
• Oxford American Handbook of Clinical Medicine
• Oxford American Handbook of Critical Care
• Oxford American Handbook of Emergency Medicine
• Oxford American Handbook of Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Oxford American Handbook of Psychiatry
• Oxford Handbook of Tropical Medicine, Third Edition
• Rapid Medicine, 2nd Edition
• Rapid Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2nd Edition
• Rapid Paediatrics and Child Health, 2nd Edition
• Rapid Psychiatry, 2nd Edition
• Rapid Surgery, 2nd Edition
• TNM Classification of Malignant Tumours, 7th edition
• The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry, 11th Edition
• UCL Hospitals Injectable Medicines Administrat...
• mobilePDR® Prescribers Edition
• mobilePDR®, 66th edition