mnemonic, noun: a short rhyme, phrase, or other mental technique for making information easier to memorize [from Greek mnēmonikos, "relating to memory"]. Med Mnemonics is a unique learning tool with over 1700 of them.
Mnemonics got me through medical school and the USLME steps. Wherever you are within the allied health professions - medical school, nursing school, NP school, PA school, residency, and beyond - you can improve your knowledge base in the short and long term with these key associative memory aids.
Medical Mnemonics puts 1796 clever acronyms, rhymes, and memory tricks on your iPhone or iPod Touch, covering topics ranging from Anatomy and Biochemistry to Pharmacology and Surgery.
The database is fully searchable and can be quickly filtered by discipline and by system. Create a Favorites list, and search and filter it similarly.
The best mnemonics can be those you make yourself. Add your own mnemonics to the database, where they'll appear seamlessly alongside those which come with the program. Submit them instantaneously to the Medical Mnemonics server for review by an MD (that's me!) and inclusion in the next version.
You can email any mnemonic to a colleague from within Medical Mnemonics. He or she can view it within the email or add it to their own copy of Medical Mnemonics with a single click.
Updates will be free for life and will include new mnemonics submitted by users (that's you!) and added as we all continue learning together.
Every mnemonic is MD reviewed, but we're only human. If you find a mistake, email us; we will pay a $5 bounty per substantive mistake found to the first reporter of that mistake!
* Medical Mnemonics now requires iOS 5 or later *
• Added 57 new mnemonics!
• Bold/Italics/Underline are now supported when adding and editing mnemonics (iOS 6.0+)
• iPhone 5 display support
• Now only mnemonics you create or edit are backed up to iCloud, saving valuable cloud storage space
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 11, 2013
- Evan Schoenberg
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (21)
- 6.3 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• ATP3 Lipids Cholesterol Management
• Conference Pad
• Dispatcher: Messaging Manager
• Dupe Devil for iCal
• ICD9 Consult 2013
• ICD9 Consult 2013 Free
• LASIK Clinical Calculator
• MedAbbreviations: Medical Abbreviations Reference
• MediMath Medical Calculator
• Optics Clinical Calculator
• Perfect IVF Wheel
• Perfect OB Tracker
• Perfect OB Wheel
• Reading Glasses
• Rowmote Pro: Remote Control for Mac
• Rowmote: Remote Control for Mac
• Simon Web Emory/Grady Paging
• Vandy Paging