Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbooks
Get up-to-the-minute drug information instantly, anytime and anywhere, with the Nursing Drug Handbook app. *Please note we are currently fixing some issues with iOS6 and will release an update shortly.*
Based on content from the best-selling Nursing2013 Drug Handbook, the Nursing Drug Handbook app is meticulously reviewed by pharmacists and nurses and updated weekly to provide the most current, relevant information that practicing nurses and students need to know to administer medications safely in any health care setting. The app emphasizes nursing and safety aspects of drug administration and includes only the most essential information.
You’ll have complete & immediate access to 100 of the most commonly prescribed drugs -- with information for more than 900 generic drugs and 3,300 brand-name drugs also included.
Full access to all 900 complete drug monographs, including all of the drugs in the Nursing2013 Drug Handbook, is available through an In-App purchase after you’ve downloaded your free App.
Always up-to-date, the Nursing Drug Handbook app will ensure that you’re fully informed of newly updated drugs, approved and off-label uses for drugs, and drug warnings. In addition to the instant search capability that will help you quickly locate drug monographs, the program features all of the special patient safety features, like the ever-popular Nursing Considerations, that you’ve come to expect from Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
Each monograph includes the following key sections, as applicable:
• Drug name: generic and brand names along with the pronunciation, tall man letters, and pill symbol link (for drugs included in the Photoguide)
• Therapeutic and pharmacologic class
• Pregnancy risk category and controlled substances schedule
• Recent updates (weekly FDA-issued updates ensure you always stay current)
• Available forms (P.O., I.V., I.M., subcutaneous, inhalational, etc.)
• Indications & dosages (common prescribed/off-label uses, accurate dosages, adjust-a-dose information)
• Administration (covers all applicable routes, I.V. information specially highlighted)
• Action (route, onset, peak, duration, half-life)
• Adverse reactions (identified by body system)
• Interactions (drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-lifestyle)
• Effects on lab results
• Contraindications & cautions (overdose signs and symptoms listed)
• Nursing considerations (describes monitoring techniques, prevention and treatment, patient safety and comfort)
• Patient teaching (guidelines on safe drug use, storage, and compliance)
• Nursing process (assessment, nursing diagnoses, planning/implementation, evaluation).
Also included are the following features:
• Photoguide (includes images of over 400 of the most commonly prescribed brand-name drugs)
• Dosage calculator
• Add-a-note (lets you save a note in any drug monograph)
• Favorites (lets you save a drug as a favorite)
• Special characters tab (provides a key to all special symbols used in the app).
♣ 25 complete drug entries downloadable for FREE
♣ Update notifications
♣ Expiration reminders for annual subscribers
♣ Enhanced quality of pill images
♦ Bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 08, 2013
- Wolters Kluwer Health
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (68)
- 43.9 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 1200 Questions to Help You Pass the Emergency Medicine Boards
• 5 Minute Consult
• Berek and Novak's Gynecology Review App: Question and Answers to Test Your Knowledge
• Briggs, Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation, 9th Edition
• Comprehensive Pharmacy Review, 7th Edition Q&A
• Human Form Human Function Q&A
• LWW Medicine
• LWW's Medical Assisting Exam Review, 3rd Editio...
• Lightning Review for the EM Boards
• Lippincott's Nursing Procedures and Skills
• Lippincott's Prep for NCLEX-RN Success
• Lippincott's Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN
• Lippincott’s Surgical Review Library
• McCall's Phlebotomy Exam Review, 4th Edition Q&A
• Moore's Clinical Anatomy Q&A
• Nursing Health Assessment Q&A, by Jensen
• Porth's Essentials of Pathophysiology, 3rd Edit...
• Rubin's Pathology Flash Cards
• Smeltzer's Medical Surgical Nursing, 12th Edition Q&A
• Stedman's Medical Terminology Flash Cards, 2nd Edition
• Stedman's Medical Terminology, 2nd Edition Q&A
• Taylor’s Fundamentals of Nursing, 7th Edition Q&A