iCholesterol - iNutrient: Dietary Cholesterol
iCholesterol is one of 9 iNutrient apps based on the USDA National Nutrient Database. The others include:
➤ iCarbs (Carbohydrates)
➤ iFiber (Fiber)
➤ iKals (Calories)
➤ iProteins (Proteins
➤ iSatFat (Saturated Fat)
➤ iSodium (Sodium)
➤ iSugars (Sugars)
➤ Vitamin K (Vitamins K1, K1D & K2)
This app now allows users to record their intake of the nutrient (iOS > 4.2.1 required). The information is maintained for one year and is presented in reverse chronological order grouped by day, so the latest data is presented first in the list. Editing allows for: 1) changing the number of servings; 2) changing the date; and 3) deleting records.
If you are working towards healthy eating, knowing the amount of cholesterol in the foods available for consumption can be extremely helpful.
The iCholesterol app provides information about foods and how they are rated for content of dietary cholesterol. This is provided as a means to assist in deciding which foods to eat. The food servings are rated from EXTREMELY LOW in cholesterol all the way up to EXTREMELY HIGH. The following colors help readily identify which is which:
➤ Black = Rated EXTREMELY HIGH in Cholesterol (151 - 641 mg)
➤ Dark Red = Rated VERY HIGH in Cholesterol (81 - 150 mg)
➤ Red = Rated HIGH in Cholesterol (51 - 80 mg)
➤ Orange = Rated MODERATELY HIGH in Cholesterol (31 - 50 mg)
➤ Yellow = Rated MODERATE in Cholesterol (21 - 30 mg)
➤ Light Green = Rated MODERATELY LOW in Cholesterol (11 - 20 mg)
➤ Green = Rated LOW in Cholesterol (6 - 10 mg)
➤ Cyan = Rated VERY LOW in Cholesterol (1 - 5 mg)
➤ White = Rated EXTREMELY LOW in Cholesterol (0 mg)
Essentially, the cooler the color, the lower the amount of Cholesterol, with white being the coolest color and black being the hottest (think burnt).
There are eight tables listing food servings:
➤ All Foods
➤ Fast Foods
➤ Fruits & Vegetables
➤ Meat, Fish & Shellfish
➤ Dairy & Egg
➤ Cereal Grains & Pasta
The All Foods list allows you to search by any word or partial word from all the Food Titles.
Selecting a food in any of the tables will display pertinent information about the selected food serving:
➤ Food Title
➤ Weight (in grams)
➤ Common Measure (serving size for weight)
➤ Cholesterol Content (in milligrams)
➤ USDA Description
➤ USDA Food Group
➤ USDA Nutrient Database Number
Information is derived from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference: Cholesterol Content of Selected Foods per Common Measure. There are currently over 1,100 different foods included, searchable using more than 2,500 names (some foods are known by different names or how they are prepared, e.g., "Egg, Scrambled" and "Scrambled Egg"). A few these have as many as six searchable names.
The iCholesterol Info screen provides access to additional information pages:
➤ What is Cholesterol?
➤ Cholesterol in Foods
➤ Highest Cholesterol Foods
➤ User Agreement
➤ How to Use this App
➤ About this App (includes allowance to 1) Report a Problem; 2) Ask a Questions; and 3) Make a Suggestion)
If you are experiencing difficulties with the app, please report the problems to the developer directly via email@example.com before giving negative feedback. Some errors during loading are beyond our control. In one instance it was deemed to have occurred because the iPhone was jail-broken. The user was able to get the app functioning properly, but only on a non jail-broken device.
Preparations for the next version of iOS.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 29, 2013
- James Hollender
- 13.5 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data
- Other Apps By This Developer
• EZeeCalc - A Simple, Yet Powerful, Calculator for the rest of us!
• EZeeCalc Lite - A Simple, Yet Powerful, Calculator for the Rest of Us
• EZeeCalc XL Lite for iPad - A Simple, Yet Powerful, Calculator for the Rest of Us
• EZeeCalc XL – A Simple, Yet Powerful, Calculator for the rest of us!
• Life Inventory - 12 Step Moral Inventory
• Life Inventory Lite with optional Mock data - 12 Step Moral Inventory
• Life Inventory for iPad - 12 Step Moral Inventory
• Life Inventory for iPad Lite with optional Mock data - 12 Step Moral Inventory
• Notify Friends About My Bargain
• Vitamin K - iNutrient: Vitamins K1, K1D & K2
• iCarbs - iNutrient: Carbohydrates
• iFiber - iNutrient: Fiber
• iKals - iNutrient: Calories
• iKals Lite - iNutrient: Calories
• iNutrients - Calories, Carbohydrates, Cholesterol, Fiber, Potassium, Proteins, Saturated Fat, Sodium, Sugars & Vitamin K
• iPotassium - iNutrient: Potassium
• iProteins - iNutrient: Proteins
• iSatFat - iNutrient: Saturated Fat
• iSodium - iNutrient: Sodium
• iSugars - iNutrient: Sugars