iOS iPad Medical
Each year more than 350,000 deaths occur as a result of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). In fact, SCA claims one life every two minutes, taking more lives each year than breast cancer, lung cancer or AIDS. More than 2.5 million adults experience symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation and it increases stroke risk by 500 percent.
The new Heart Rhythm Society Sketcher is an educational tool that helps Healthcare Providers (HCP) facilitate a dialogue with patients regarding both Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Atrial Fibrillation during diagnosis and follow-up. The iPad App version highlights the changes in normal heart functions and allows the HCP to draw over the heart images to explain the changes in the electrical signals of the heart and illustrate where surgical intervention might be required.
HRS Sketcher includes:
• Graphics and video animation (iPad version only) to help patients understand Atrial Fibrillation and Sudden Cardiac Arrest symptoms and conditions
• Images with summary descriptions of normal and irregular heart functions that can be used by the HCP to demonstrate procedure and treatment options
• Procedural action plans can be delivered online for improved record-keeping and follow-up
The programs were developed to be an educational device that would help explain the changes to the heart during specific arrhythmias, allows the HCP to print out records to include in patient charts and provide to the patient at and end of the office visit.
- CHADS2 interactive added to Gallery
- Support lines added to pulldown Menu