A glossary of common illnesses and diseases. Almost 1000 diseases and conditions are described in this glossary. This is not a comprehensive reference, but simple a glossary of the most common illnesses that your family is likely to encounter. This is a good reference for childhood and family medicine. It is not intended to be a professional reference, and the information contained in this application may be inaccurate.
This reference includes publicly-available information on common household, family, and childhoood illnesses and diseases, mostly culled from the National Institute of Health database.
Please note that you should always consult a physician regarding your health, or if you are unsure about any factual information.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all disease names and descriptions. The top 150 diseases are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove disease names and descriptions, and access diseases you added. If you find any incorrect info that needs revision, you can edit it using your on-screen keypad, or add your own health info.
- You can rate disease names and descriptions on a 5-star system. Once rated, the info is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button in the "More" section at the bottom of the screen.
- Mark your favorite disease names and descriptions, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any health or disease info to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your diseases, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any bug in up to 2 categories, if desired. For example, information about birth control might be placed in "pregnancy" and also "contraceptives" (if those categories existed).
- Shake your mobile device for random info. This is just fun on every level. Your kids will like this one, too, if they're interested in learning more about disease and health facts.
- "View All" disease names and descriptions for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of diseases in this app.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one term to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating these disease names and descriptions has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the disease. For example, you may want to keep some notes about where you learned about the disease, or what common symptoms or treatments are.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read about that term you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
UPGRADES ARE FREE for apps created by Darren Gates
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this app comes from a variety of public domain sources, including US government websites, Wikipedia Commons, public universities, and public domain archives. To the best of our knowledge, the images used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 04, 2009
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (4)
- 1.7 MB