Emergencies in Anaesthesia, Second Edition
This Oxford University Press source of information is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand.
The second edition of this essential handbook provides a practical, accessible guide to all emergency situations encountered during, and immediately following, anaesthesia. It covers the major specialties including cardiovascular medicine, respiratory medicine, obstetrics, and paediatrics. Each section begins with a clear table listing presentation, diagnosis, exclusions, immediate action, and follow up action. These subsections are then expanded upon in bullet format. Additional sections cover practical procedures such as how to insert a chest drain and how to administer inhaled drugs under anaesthesia, plus a concise drug formulary.
•Presents invaluable advice gained from the personal experience of the senior author team
•Uses a series of four icons to distinguish clearly the degree of urgency in which the emergency must be treated
•Places an emphasis on establishing the diagnosis while maintaining a high index of suspicion
The book will provide consultant and trainee anaesthetists, operating department personnel and anaesthetic nurses with an easily accessible , concise guide to emergencies in anaesthesia and guidance.
Readership: The app will provide consultant and trainee anaesthetists, operating department personnel and anaesthetic nurses.
Authors: Keith Allman, Andrew McIndoe, and Iain Wilson
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. MedHand is the exclusive partner of Oxford University Press, publishing the latest editions of their Medical Handbooks in digital format.
MedHand has created user-friendly, quick and intuitive applications which have been honored with numerous 5 star reviews praising the interface and layout. Offering the most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers. MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care!
MedHand offers user-friendly, quick and intuitive applications for medical books on iPhone, iPod and iPad, supporting you with mobile knowledge at the point of care!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 07, 2011
- MedHand – Mobile Libraries
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 5.1 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Anatomy at a Glance, 3rd Edition
• Bonney's Gynaecological Surgery, 11th Edition
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Cardiology, Thi...
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Critical Care, ...
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Obstetrics & Gynecology, Tenth Edition
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Psychiatry, Second Edition
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Surgery, Thirte...
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment in Family Medic...
• CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment in Pediatrics, ...
• CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care 2012
• Clinical Anesthesiology, 4th Edition
• Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Int...
• Dr Companion® Institutional Application
• Dr Companion® Mobile Medical
• Emergencies in Clinical Medicine
• Emergencies in Clinical Surgery
• Emergencies in Primary Care
• Emergent Management of Trauma, 3rd Edition
• Evidence-based Medicine Toolkit, 2nd Edition
• Harrison´s Manual of Oncology
• Hurst's the Heart Manual of Cardiology, 12th Edition
• Manual of Childhood Infections, Third Edition
• OAPC Chemotherapy for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
• OAPC Dopamine Agonists in Type 2 Diabetes
• OAPC Febrile Neutropenia
• OAPC Fibromyalgia
• OAPC Medical Management of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
• OAPC Prophylactic HPV Vaccines for Cervical Cancer
• OAPN Chemotherapy-induced Nausea and Vomiting
• OAPN Coronary Stenting
• OAPN Opioid Risk Management Tools and Tips
• OAPN Postherpetic Neuralgia
• OAPN Statin Prescribing Guide
• Oxford American Handbook of Anesthesiology
• Oxford American Handbook of Clinical Dentistry
• Oxford American Handbook of Clinical Medicine
• Oxford American Handbook of Critical Care
• Oxford American Handbook of Emergency Medicine
• Oxford American Handbook of Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Oxford American Handbook of Psychiatry
• Oxford Handbook of Tropical Medicine, Third Edition
• Rapid Medicine, 2nd Edition
• Rapid Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2nd Edition
• Rapid Paediatrics and Child Health, 2nd Edition
• Rapid Psychiatry, 2nd Edition
• Rapid Surgery, 2nd Edition
• TNM Classification of Malignant Tumours, 7th edition
• The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry, 11th Edition
• UCL Hospitals Injectable Medicines Administrat...
• mobilePDR® Prescribers Edition
• mobilePDR®, 66th edition