“drawMD is redefining patient education apps” - iMedicalApps
drawMD helps clinical professionals clearly and efficiently explain medical conditions and procedures during patient conversations. drawMD combines high-quality professional medical artwork with intuitive drawing and presentation tools to allow clinicians to create an engaging, personalized experience for their patients.
Using drawMD is simple:
1) Choose a background from an array of available specialty-specific templates,
2) Customize the drawing during your patient conversation with sketching tools, text annotations, and condition, procedure, or anatomy stamp overlays, and
3) Share the drawings with your patient via email or print.
The content library was designed by practicing surgical urologic oncologists in collaboration with a professionally trained medical artist and includes templates for a wide range of urologic conditions and procedures, including stone removal, kidney pathology, prostatectomy, scrotal pathology, inguinal hernia, urethral stricture disease, pelvic organ prolapse, pediatric urology and more.
Our Medical Consultants:
drawMD Urology was created by Dr. Alexander Kutikov and Dr. Todd Morgan. Dr. Kutikov is an Associate Professor of Urologic Oncology in the Department of Surgical Oncology at the Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia. As a urological oncologist, Dr. Kutikov specializes in surgical treatment of tumors of the adrenals, kidneys, ureters, prostate, bladder, and testes. Dr. Todd Morgan is a Urologic Oncologist at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI specializing in the treatment of genitourinary cancers. His research interests include proteomics-based identification of renal cell carcinoma biomarkers as well as translational approaches to studying disseminated tumor cells and tumor dormancy in prostate cancer.
drawMD Urology is available for free thanks to the generosity of our sponsor, Boston Scientific. Boston Scientific is dedicated to transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. The company is headquartered in Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.bostonscientific.com/urology.
drawMD has been completely redesigned with the release of drawMD 3. We have incorporated a multitude of usability enhancements and feature requests, including:
- Better organization of backgrounds, stamps, and saved drawings including search by name, description, date, condition, procedure and anatomy
- Enhanced stamp manipulation tools, including easier rotation, scale, opacity, and lock control
- More line drawing options: choose from freehand drawing or arrows, variable line thickness and more colors
- More text drawing options: choose bold, italic, or normal styles, variable font size, and more colors
- Full screen drawing and presentation mode
- More drawing fields that can be prepopulated within the app
- New layers tool that gives you much finer grained control over visibility and order of drawing layers
- Search and filter stamps, as well as apply any stamp within the app to any background
- Greatly expanded information section, including highly detailed user guide and other information about drawMD, our consultants, and our sponsors
- And more...
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 24, 2013
- UrologyMatch, LLC
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (129)
- 33.8 MB