Case Files Neuroscience (LANGE Case Files) McGraw-Hill Medical
“The myth of the difficulty of the neurosciences for the average medical student is dispensed with this book.....This is a very useful book for health science students. The integration of real-life clinical cases with neuroscience concepts helps students to focus on the important aspects. This is a superb contribution to the field with little in common with other review books in this field. 4 Stars!”--Doody's Review Service
This free application includes 1 sample case study from the 48 that are available through an in-app purchase of $29.99 of Case Files Neuroscience. The 48 high-yield cases in Neuroscience will help you excel on the clerkship and improve your shelf-exam score.
Each case has been designed for the iPad and iPhone/iPod with interactive features. With this system, you will learn in the context of real patients, rather than merely memorize facts.
•48 clinical cases, each with USMLE-style questions
•Clinical pearls that highlight key concepts
•Primer on how to approach clinical problems and think like a doctor
•Proven learning system that improves shelf-exam scores
iPhone, iPod, and iPad App Features:
•Study/Exam/Bookmark modes are available for USMLE-style review questions.
•In the Study mode, check the answers as you tackle the questions.
•In the Exam mode, time yourself and review the answers after the time is up.
•In the Bookmark mode, review only the questions you have flagged for further study.
•File away correctly answered questions after each practice quiz.
•Choose the number of questions in each practice quiz: 25, 50, 100, 150, 200, or all.
•Opt to include questions from previous quizzes.
•Learn further from interactive questions at the end of each case, with explanations.
•Sort cases by name or by case number.
•Take down notes using the Notes section for each case.
•Study in horizontal or vertical mode on the iPhone and the iPad.
•Store quiz scores to track your progress.
Section I: Approach Learning Neurosciences
•The Big Picture
•Know the Tracts
•Understand the Terminology
Section II: Clinical Cases: 48 Case Scenarios
Section III: Listing of Cases
•Listing by Case Number
•Listing by Disorder
Each case includes the following sections:
•Case Questions and Answers
About the Authors:
Eugene C. Toy, MD is a dual certified family physician and ob/gyn and is Academic Chief and Program Director for the Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at The Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas, where he is also actively involved in teaching medical students.
Rahul Jandial, MD is a Lecturer and Attending Neurologist in the Division of Neurosurgery at the UCSD Medical Center and at The Center for Neurosciences and Aging–The Burnham Institute for Medical Research in San Diego, California.
Evan Y. Snyder, MD, PhD is Professor and Director of the Stem Cells and Regeneration Program in Burnham Institute, part of the Steering Committee of La Jolla Stem Cell Initiative, Coordinator of the Southern California Stem Cell Consortium, and Attending Neonatologist at the Department of Pediatrics in UCSD in San Diego, California.
-Updated for iPhone 5
-iOS 6 updates
-Fix for text flow on iPad
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 07, 2012
- Expanded Apps
- 35.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (7)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (13)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Acute Care PT Physical Therapy Case Files: Improve Skills for Physical Therapy Continuing Education and NPTE, NPTE, NPTAE, FCCPT License Exam, (McGraw-Hill Medical)
• Babes With Dogs
• Bang Bang Club by Greg Marinovich and João Silva
• Book: The Sequel
• Boost Your Interview I.Q. by Carole Martin (McGraw-Hill)
• Cardiology Clinical Questions (McGraw-Hill Medical)
• Case Files Anatomy (LANGE Case Files) McGraw-Hill Medical
• Case Files Anesthesiology, McGraw-Hill Medical, LANGE Case Files
• Case Files Biochemistry (LANGE Case Files) McGraw-Hill Medical
• Case Files Critical Care: Core Cases in Critical Care, Critical Care Nursing & ICU Nursing AAFP, LPN, NCLEX-PN Questions, CNA, AAFP CME, LPN/LVN, PA, NP, ANCC (Lange Case Files, McGraw-Hill Medical)
• Case Files Emergency Medicine, 3rd Ed., 58 High Yield Cases with USMLE Step 1 with Trauma, Triage, ICU Practice Review Questions for COMLEX Certification, NBME, ABIM, MSKAP Shelf Exams, LANGE McGraw-Hill Medical
• Case Files Family Medicine, 3rd Ed., 60 High Yield Cases with USMLE Step 1 Review Questions, LANGE, McGraw-Hill Medical
• Case Files Geriatrics, Geriatric Care & Family Medicine: 40 Clinical Cases to Sharpen Critical Thinking Skills & Improve Patient Care. Geriatric Nursing Certification & Geriatric Education Cases (Lange Case Files, McGraw-Hill Medical)
• Case Files Gynecologic Surgery, McGraw-Hill Medical, LANGE Case Files
• Case Files High-Risk Obstetrics (LANGE) Test Prep: Residents, Fellows, Clerkship, OB & Gynaecology Critical Maternal Care Sample Review Quizzes for NBME, COMLEX Certification, MCAT, NCLEX, RN Exams with High Yield Practice Questions, McGraw-Hill Medic
• Case Files Internal Medicine, 4th Ed., 60 High Yield Cases for USMLE Step 1 Shelf Exams, LANGE, McGraw-Hill Medical
• Case Files Microbiology (LANGE Case Files) McGraw-Hill Medical
• Case Files Neurology, 2nd Ed.,: 54 High Yield Cases with USMLE Step 1 Review Questions for MSKAP, MCAT, COMLEX Certification & NBME Neuro Shelf Exams, LANGE McGraw-Hill Medical
• Case Files Obstetrics and Gynecology, 4th Ed., 60 High Yield Cases with USMLE Step 1 Sample Questions for Shelf Exams, LANGE, McGraw-Hill Medical
• Case Files Orthopedic Surgery : 45 High Yield Cases with USMLE Style Review Questions for Ortho, Sports Medicine, NBME, NASM, COMLEX Interns, Boards, Exams, LANGE McGraw-Hill Medical:Orthopaedics
• Case Files Pathology (LANGE) Test Prep & Sample Review Quizzes for MCAT, NBME, COMLEX, MSKAP, NCLEX Certification & USMLE Step 1 Shelf Exams with High Yield Practice Questions, McGraw-Hill Medical
• Case Files Pediatrics, 4th Ed, 60 High Yield Cases for USMLE Step 1 with Practice Questions for Shelf Exams, LANGE, McGraw-Hill Medical
• Case Files Pharmacology, 3rd Ed. (Lange Case Files) McGraw-Hill Medical: High Yield Cases with USMLE Step 1 & USMLE Step 2 Review Questions for NBME Shelf Exams
• Case Files Physiology, McGraw-Hill Medical, LANGE Case Files
• Case Files Psychiatry, 4th Ed., 60 High Yield Cases with USMLE Step 1 Psych Review Questions for COMLEX Certification & NBME, MSKAP Shelf Exams (LANGE) McGraw-Hill Medical
• Case Files Series, Clinical Medicine Cases & Questions for USMLE Test Shelf Exam & Clinical Clerkship: Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Surgery (LANGE Case Files) McGraw-Hill Medical
• Case Files Surgery, 4th Ed., 56 High Yield Cases with USMLE Step 1 Review Questions (LANGE) McGraw Hill Medical
• Cathy's Book: If found call (650) 266-8233 - Part 2
• Cathy's Book: If found call (650) 266-8233 - Part One
• China Now: Doing Business in the World's Most Dynamic Market by N. Mark Lam & John Graham
• Crucial Confrontations - Crucial Accountability (McGraw Hill Education)
• Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High for Effective Communication, Mediation & Conflict Resolution (McGraw-Hill Education)
• DollarDays Margin Wizard
• Executive Charisma: Six Steps to Mastering the Art of Leadership by D.A. Benton
• Fat Flush Diet Plan & Meal Tracker Program: Menus, Diary, Recipes & the Smoothie Shakedown Detox Diet for Weight Loss & Health
• First Aid Cases for the USMLE Step 1, Third Edition (First Aid USMLE)
• First Aid™ Cases for the USMLE® Step 2 CK, Second Edition (First Aid USMLE)
• Garden Journal
• Hollywood Laugh Machine
• Hungry? Tourist Walkabout Guide Brooklyn
• Hungry?Tourist Walkabout Guide New York: Midtown
• Magazine Yellow Pages
• Neuro Rehab Physical Therapy Case Files: Neurological Rehabilitation, Acute Neural Rehab PT Clinical Medicine Cases for: Physical Therapy Licensure Exam, Physical Therapy License, NPTE Exam Prep, NPTE, FCCPT, NPTAE, PTA (McGraw-Hill Medical)
• Orthopedics Physical Therapy Case Files: Orthopaedics PT Medicine Cases for Continuing Education, Physical Therapy Licensure Exam, Physical Therapy License & Boards, NPTE, NPTAE, OCS, FCCPT, NPTE Exam Prep & Sample Questions (McGraw-Hill Medical)
• Physical Therapy Case Files Series - Evidence Based Clinical Cases & Case Studies, Review for NPTE Exams, McGraw-Hill Medical
• Speak Like a CEO (McGraw Hill Education)
• Spook Your Photo
• Super School Presented By WAITING FOR SUPERMAN
• Super School Presented by WAITING FOR SUPERMAN ...
• SUZE ORMAN’S MONEY TOOLS
• The Art of Talking to Anyone
• The Element Game
• The Extraordinary Leader: Turning Good Managers into Great Leaders by John Zenger & Joseph Folkman
• THE PRIVATE CHEF: Hollywood’s Premier Private Chef & the Recipes & Techniques That Got Him There by Richard Florczak
• The Spy Who Came For Christmas by David Morrell
• U-Ventures® Interactive Books by Edward Packard
• You Can’t Always Get What You Want by Sam Cutler