Black's Medical Dictionary
Black's Medical Dictionary has been the best-selling medical dictionary for over 100 years. It is invaluable as a home reference and for all who need clear explanation of medical terms: nurses, health care professionals and students, health service management, actuaries, lawyers and journalists.
Black's Medical Dictionary contains over 5000 definitions and descriptions of medical terms and concepts with over 1000 diagrams, drawings and color illustrations. It also provides helpful appendices on common medical tests and procedures, travel and health, measurements in medicine, health economics, complementary and alternative medicine, and an address list of support professional organizations.
This new edition contains new material on:
• HPV vaccine: the vaccine now given to all young girls to protect against cervical cancer
• Monoclonal Antibodies: the `designer' drugs of the future
• The new guidelines for fibroid treatment
• Endoscopy and laparoscopy - the more and more widely used types of keyhole surgery
• Coronary angioplasty: the emergency treatment of heart attacks
• The latest on MRSA and stem cell research
This application is the genuine iPhone version of Black’s Medical Dictionary, published by A&C Black. It is produced for the iPhone under exclusive license by Mobifusion, a global leader of applications for mobile platforms. The application contains the original text and graphics from the print version. Please see http://www.acblack.com/ for more about the print version and other titles from A&C Black.
Mobifusion works together with leading publishers and media companies to adapt their best work for everyday use in an entertaining and informational manner.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 29, 2011
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (6)
- 10.2 MB