X2ProLE Audio Convert
Mac OS Video
X2ProLE Audio Convert integrates Final Cut Pro X into the professional audio workflow. It easily moves audio projects to Avid Pro Tools via AAF with embedded audio media. X2ProLE converts an FCP X XML into an AAF file which Avid Pro Tools can open as a session, delivering seamless integration between the two applications.
The AAF has also been successfully imported into Steinberg Nuendo, Merging Technologies Pyramix and Apple Logic Pro X.
X2ProLE has a simple to use, user interface which provides feedback on key project statistics.
Taking advantage of the innovative Roles features in FCP X; sorting tracks by name so that sound designers can start working immediately.
Media is embedded in the AAF to create a single, simple to transfer, file.
X2Pro faithfully translates your audio timeline along with L-cuts, J-cuts, transitions, levels, automatic gain and fade handles, as well as the incredibly powerful FCP X compound clips. Transitions are converted into linear cross fades. Audio media can be any QuickTime supported audio, non-PCM audio is converted to PCM at either 16 or 24 bit.
R3D media is supported.
Multicam Clips are effectively translated taking across the audio of the selected angle. Auditions must be finalized first before exporting the XML to X2Pro.
X2Pro gives a clear warning when it comes across elements of a sequence which it does not translate such as time maps and effects.
We recommend rendering an off-line or proxy version of the flattened video and exporting that if a reference is needed within Pro Tools. Only audio media is translated by X2Pro.
• FCP X, 10.0.4 to 10.2.1 only
• X2Pro runs on OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8), Mavericks (10.9) or Yosemite (10.10)
• Pro Tools v7.0 or later for AAF import (not LE versions, v7 and v8 require Digitranslator for AAF import)
The screenshots show the same project in FCP X and after conversion in Pro Tools, Logic Pro X and Pyramix.
This is the LE version of X2Pro. An in app purchase (not available in Snow Leopard 10.6) allows the user to upgrade to the professional version which includes:
• Embedded media can be trimmed
• Media can be referenced rather than embedded
• You can choose which roles and subroles to export and which to ignore
• You can choose the order in which roles and subroles are exported
• When FCP X Roles are packed into Pro Tools tracks, subroles can be ignored creating a far more compressed set of tracks
X2Pro Audio Convert is a cutting edge conversion application for delivering FCP X projects for audio finishing.
X2Pro uses Marquis Media Highway technology to integrate FCP X into the established professional audio workflow. Marquis Media Highway is the core technology employed by Marquis’ media integration products – it improves how broadcast production systems interoperate by delivering a seamless and cost-effective integration between leading broadcast content applications. Marquis Broadcast specializes in content workflows and media integration software and has been delivering solutions to broadcast since 1998.
Since X2ProLE utilised Apple QuickTime under the hood, it is subject to the same licence restrictions as QuickTime Player X. For example, Dolby Digital AC-3 audio (found in some consumer camcorder footage) cannot be played by QuickTime Player X, although FCP X will import and play this media. In this case, the media will need to be converted to LPCM audio on import into FCP X.
• Bug fix related to upgrading from X2ProLE to X2Pro
• Inclusion of latest R3D SDK (v5.2) to allow support of current R3D devices.
• Implemented scripting support which allows FCP X to share straight to X2Pro.
• Improvements to the Media Location page of Preferences (links directly to help on web, better display of paths).
• Changed default behaviour of a fresh installation to embed media rather than generate an error when requesting an AAF which references media (this will not affect users who upgrade - existing settings are maintained).
• Several minor bug fixes.
• Added feedback button to allow users to get in touch more easily.