X2ProLE Audio Convert
Mac OS Video
Move your Final Cut Pro X projects to the audio suite simply and quickly. X2ProLE Audio Convert takes your FCP X XML and creates an AAF with embedded audio media which Avid Pro Tools can open as a session, delivering seamless integration between the two applications.
The AAF has also been successfully imported into Steinberg Nuendo, Merging Technologies Pyramix and Apple Logic Pro X.
X2ProLE has a simple to use, user interface which provides feedback on key project statistics.
Taking advantage of the innovative Roles features in FCP X; sorting tracks by name so that sound designers can start working immediately.
Media is embedded in the AAF to create a single, simple to transfer, file.
X2ProLE faithfully translates your audio timeline along with L-cuts, J-cuts, transitions, levels, automatic gain and fade handles, as well as the incredibly powerful FCP X compound clips. Transitions are converted into linear cross fades. Audio media can be any QuickTime supported audio, non-PCM audio is converted to PCM at either 16 or 24 bit.
R3D media is supported.
Multicam Clips are effectively translated taking across the audio of the selected angle.
X2ProLE gives a clear warning when it comes across elements of a sequence which it does not translate such as time maps and effects.
We recommend rendering an off-line or proxy version of the flattened video and exporting that if a reference is needed within Pro Tools. Only audio media is translated by X2ProLE.
• FCP X, 10.0.4 or later and XML 1.1
• X2ProLE runs on OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) through to El Capitan (10.11)
• Pro Tools v7.0 or later for AAF import (not LE versions, v7 and v8 require Digitranslator for AAF import)
The screenshots show the same project in FCP X and after conversion in Pro Tools, Logic Pro X and Pyramix.
This is the LE version of X2Pro. An in app purchase (not available in Snow Leopard 10.6) allows the user to upgrade to the professional version which includes:
• Embedded media can be trimmed
• Media can be referenced rather than embedded
• You can choose which roles and subroles to export and which to ignore
• You can choose the order in which roles and subroles are exported
• When FCP X Roles are packed into Pro Tools tracks, subroles can be ignored creating a far more compressed set of tracks
X2ProLE Audio Convert is a cutting edge conversion application for delivering FCP X projects for audio finishing.
X2Pro uses Marquis Media Highway technology to integrate FCP X into the established professional audio workflow. Marquis Media Highway is the core technology employed by Marquis’ media integration products – it improves how broadcast production systems interoperate by delivering a seamless and cost-effective integration between leading broadcast content applications. Marquis Broadcast specializes in content workflows and media integration software and has been delivering solutions to broadcast since 1998.
Bug fix release:
• Fix for issue where initial attempt at audio extraction fails.
• Fix for issue parsing FCP XML where conformed clips are retimed.
• Fix for issue where all markers on a clip were included in the AAF even though only a small part of the clip was used in the project.
• Fixed issue where X2Pro would not process markers correctly when positioned on a transition.
• Better error reporting.