Mac OS Video
Exclusive to macOS, SpeedScriber brings affordable, insanely fast and amazingly accurate automated transcription right to your desktop.
PLEASE NOTE: SpeedScriber is designed for professional content creators who are transcribing audio or video files with well-recorded audio and destined for editing and distribution. SpeedScriber is NOT designed for transcription of meetings, lectures or interviews recorded with phones or voice recorders.
Pricing starts at US$0.50/minute for purchases of 30-120 minutes with discounts for larger purchases.
Never wait hours or days for transcripts again. With good quality audio, SpeedScriber delivers transcripts at a speed and accuracy you won't believe. A 60 minute file is typically transcribed in less than 10 minutes.
Uses industry-leading automatic speech recognition technology for accurate transcripts with timestamps (or timecode if present). Supports Dutch, English (Australian/British/North American accents), French, German, Italian and Spanish languages with detection of different speakers.
Use audio or video files from Finder or drag a Final Cut Pro X library to the SpeedScriber icon for import of clips (audio/video/sync/multicam/compound). Choose which audio channels should be used in the file for the best quality transcription. Click the Transcribe button and grab a coffee while we work some magic.
SpeedScriber's unique and innovative interface makes it the fastest way to make punctuation and word corrections to the transcript. As the file is played, the current word is highlighted in orange. Click on any word to position the media file to that word. Add and edit speaker names with choice of nine colors so you can easily distinguish one speaker from another. Save custom words so they can applied elsewhere in the transcript with just a single click.
SpeedScriber supports printing of transcripts and export to PDF, plain text, Avid Media Composer script format, Final Cut Pro X XML and Word (.docx). For captioning purposes you can export to Avid DS caption format, iTunes Timed Text and SubRip (.srt). If you use Adobe Premiere Pro CC, we have that covered too with the SpeedScriber panel (free download available separately).
PLEASE NOTE: As an internet-based service, SpeedScriber requires creation of a free online account. 15 minutes will be added to your account when your email address is verified. Additional minutes can be purchased at any time. Final Cut Pro X integration requires version 10.3 (or later). SpeedScriber panel for Premiere Pro requires 11.1, 12.0.1 or 12.1 versions. MXF media files are supported if you have the Apple Pro Format codecs installed, which require Compressor, Final Cut Pro or Motion.
- Cosmetic changes for compatibility with macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Bug fixes for word editing.
- Fix for incorrect UI being displayed when the account authentication token has expired. Users will now automatically be logged out.
- Fix for speaker name needing to be selected twice on files with long duration.
- Fix for Files search field not responding to keypresses when clicked.
- Various fixes for transcript search not working correctly on multiple words.
- Clip timecode is now shown on the import rows for Final Cut Pro X clips.
- Media panel in transcript mode can now be scrolled if there are more source files than are currently visible.
- Add custom words button now works correctly when media file is positioned before first word.