iStopMotion Home allows you to make your own movie. Tell a story using traditional stop motion animation (also sometimes called claymation) and time-lapse recording. Without the need for a script, talented actors, a crew or a huge stage, making movies with iStopMotion Home is fun for everyone. Just bring your toys and your imagination, hook up your camera to your Mac and you’re ready to go. It's so easy, your kids can do it. It challenges your imagination and gives immediate gratification.
"To me, [animating with the family using iStopMotion] was the perfect weekend of inspiration and magic and creativity. That's what technology can do." – David Pogue
"It's great how quickly you can get iStopMotion up and running. My 10 year old son is talking all about sets, storyboards and lighting now!" – Kevin Mears
Hours of Fun – With a Twist
Creating animations with iStopMotion is not just pure fun, its educational too! While animating, kids learn skills that are useful to them in the future. They learn to set a goal and work toward it, breaking it down into small steps as they go. And storytelling skills are very en vogue at modern marketing seminars.
It is very important for kids that they can immediately see the fruits of their work. Onion skinning shows you what your animation will look like with each step you take. You can easily spot when you accidentally moved the camera or forgot to move a piece of your scenery. Correct this error and move on.
iStopMotion works fine with your built-in iSight/FaceTime camera. All Mac supported USB webcams just work, so do Firewire DV cameras. There's also a long list of supported digital still cameras, even though those cameras don't provide live feedback. Please follow the Support link in the right column to find out what kinds and models of cameras can be used with iStopMotion.
Compare Home, Express and Pro
- For the casual user, the typical family where the parents want to have fun with the kids while providing them with a productive, creative and educational experience.
- Max. resolution: NTSC/PAL, 960 x 540 (Enough for YouTube videos and regular video DVDs)
- Use video cameras and digital still cameras for shooting (See website for more information)
- Stop motion single frame shooting
- Time lapse recording
- Tilt shift filter for making real live scenes look miniature
- Onion skinning and blinking tools help you animate faster and more easily
- Chroma-Keying lets you choose a complex background without having to build a set - choose from a number of enclosed backgrounds
- Flip book printing lets you create old style paper flip books to show around
- Send your video to iMove to add titles, intro, outro, music, transitions and more and upload to YouTube or burn to DVD
- The animation aficionado, who spends a lot of time creating animations and wants all the features of the Pro version except those only needed in a professional production environment.
- All the features of iStopMotion Home, plus:
- Continuous recording for taking small real time segments
- Color correction by frame
- Rotoscope/Lip Sync allows you to load a video file and use it as a guide for your animation
- Import a soundtrack to animate to, for example for making a music video
- Use your own background and foreground elements
- Create your own project presets
- The professional animator who uses iStopMotion in a production workflow, creating animations for commercials, music videos, feature movies in HD resolution and beyond.
- All the features of the Express version, plus:
- Max. resolution: 10,000 x 10,000
- Integration with Final Cut
- Support for HD capture
- Flip book printing has a new option to print crop masks instead of full borders.
- Printing a flip book on OS X Lion failed.
- Updated iMovie sharing to use iMovie'11 Drop Box.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 29, 2011
- Boinx Software
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (10)
- 29.6 MB