Praise from the internets:
* New and Noteworthy on Mac App Store, May 2013
* What's Hot on Mac App Store, May and June 2013
* MacWorld: 4/5, "GIF Brewery makes it a snap to convert video files into animated GIFs."
* Mac.AppStorm: 9/10, "A great app to create your own customizable animated GIFs."
* The Verge mention: "For OS X, we’ve been having fun with GIF Brewery ... It’s simple, intuitive"
* Buzzfeed article: "... impress your friends and win the hearts of many with your GIF-making prowess!"
GIF Brewery is the best video to GIF creator on Mac OS X. GIF Brewery lets you convert clips from your video files to GIFs. There is no more need for extracting frames from your movies and fiddling with Adobe Photoshop (tm). Let GIF Brewery do all the hard work for you.
See GIF Brewery in action at http://gifbrewery.com/ and http://helloresolven.com/portfolio/gifbrewery/.
* Convert clips from your videos into small GIF files.
* Resize or crop the video for your GIF.
* Add multiple captions or overlay images to the GIF.
* Create GIFs with your desired FPS or manually set the frame count and frame delay.
* Change the looping direction, such as normal playback, reverse, or even palindrome!
* Change the number of loops for your GIF.
* Apply Core Image filters like Sepia or Color Correction.
* Save your settings for later edits.
* Supports 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion.
* Makes your hip on Tumblr, assuming your GIFs are smaller than 1MB.
* GIF Brewery will not alter the original file and settings just impact the GIF.
* GIF Brewery can only open and create clips from movies that Quicktime can open and play. Apple provides a list of the file formats and codecs at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3775.
* Note, however, that GIF Brewery cannot open any DRM-protected files.
* If you are using Quicktime components, such as Perian, Flip4Mac, or 3ivx, you MUST make sure they are up-to-date and compatible with Apple's Sandbox. Out-dated components will lead to GIF Brewery crashing.
If you are having an issue with any of the codecs listed above, please contact us! Note: If you experience any crashes whatsoever please contact Hello, Resolven at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are unable to diagnose the issue without help from effected users.
The tiny brewers inside GIF Brewery were getting confused when saving GIFs to secondary or external hard drives in 2.3.1. They've been retaught how to do this properly in 2.3.2. They are deeply sorry for this mistake.
[Patch notes from 2.3.1]
- Overlays now have different blend modes, such as Multiply, Screen, etc...
- Introducing "Clip Focus", which allows the timeline to "zoom in" and just show the area around your selected clip.
- Redesigned the timeline start/end time indicators.
- Moving a start/end time indicator now also changes the current time so you can see exactly what the start / end times are.
- GIF Brewery now remembers your last font choice when creating new captions.
- If GIF Brewery can no longer find or access a recipe's movie file, it will ask you to select a new one for that recipe.
- Correctly display clip start time, end time, and duration.
- Improve usability when user has "Full Keyboard Access" turned on.
- GIFs can now be overwritten.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 02, 2013
- Hello, Resolven
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (182)
- 1.3 MB