Backups for iMovie
Mac OS Video
iMovie Backup Software: Protect your iMovie creations with automated timed backups. Install it before you need it!
Ever had an iMovie library corrupted so you can't even launch it? Ever gone down an editing path you didn't like and find you can't undo it? Backups for iMovie will rescue you from such situations.
Based on the 5 star rated Backups for Final Cut Pro, Backups for iMovie is like Time Machine® for iMovie®! It performs timed and manual snapshots of your iMovie Libraries.
“Life saver — 5 stars
The fact that iMovie doesn't even have a "Save" command, makes me queasy, so "Backups for iMovie” comes to the rescue with its "GO" button, letting me save my edits whenever the urge strikes me, as well as letting me backup at scheduled intervals. Now when I edit with iMovie, I feel like I'm wearing a Kevlar life preserver in an ocean full of digital debris and corruption, ready to sink me and all my hard work.” – miggsb
Rate Backups for iMovie to help make it a success. Contact support for suggestions, and improvements.
What can Backups for iMovie do?
• Reflecting the fast pace of video editing, Backups for iMovie creates incremental snapshots as often as every 2 minutes. The one hour backup interval of Time Machine can seem like an eternity if you lose your work.
• Making labeled snapshots during your editing lets you restore to key steps in your process—finished a rough cut, finished adding titles, ready to export. A description added to a snapshot, describing why you made it is very handy!
• Lets you restore everything from a given snapshot or selected libraries, events or projects.
• Ignores iMovie’s sometimes very large work files. (These are automatically recreated.)
• Extensive logging. You can delete old snapshots.
• “Safe” snapshots. Only completed snapshots are retained. Available disk space is checked before the backup begins.
• “Safe” restores. If to a local drive, replaced files are placed in the Trash—they are never deleted.
• Continually adding new features.
• For improved support, Backups for iMovie is now being maintained directly by the developer. Expect to see new releases in the future.
• Now support Dark Mode in Mohave.
• Filter tab not properly showing event and project counts.
• Fixed drive mounting problem w/El Capitan onwards.
• 'Restore' button added to Snapshot list entries.
• Ask user if they really want to quit if they have automatic backups.
• Shows information about the last snapshot in the main window.
• Fixed Restore items not showing on High Sierra, onwards.