7toX for Final Cut Pro
7toX for Final Cut Pro brings your Final Cut Pro (7 or 6) XML forward to Final Cut Pro X so you can use Apple’s powerful new professional editing tools to update or finish your older projects. The lightweight application is simple to use, with drag-and-drop support and progress information. 7toX translates important metadata from your Final Cut Pro Project XML — including bins, clips, subclips and sequences — to a new Event in Final Cut Pro X with the highest fidelity of any translation application for Final Cut Pro. In addition, the application provides clear, detailed reporting after every translation.
• Final Cut Pro version 10.0.6 or later
• An application that exports Final Cut Pro XML (such as Final Cut Pro 7 or 6, Premiere Pro CS6, etc.)
Choose from three simple methods to translate Final Cut Pro 7 XML to Final Cut Pro X XML:
• Run 7toX and use the Open dialog to locate your exported XML file
• Drag-and-drop the XML file onto the 7toX application icon
• Right-click on the XML file in the Finder and choose Open With > 7toX
7toX displays a progress bar during XML translation and, when completed, adds the new Event to the Event Library. The Event contains clips for each media file and Compound Clips for each sequence.
7toX supports both Final Cut Pro X and the Final Cut Pro X Trial.
7toX produces the highest fidelity translation of your Final Cut Pro Project, including the following conversions:
• Bins become Keyword Collections, complete with original Log Notes and comments
• Sequences become Compound Clips and are tagged with an “FCP7 Sequences” keyword to make them easy to find
• Multicam Clips are fully supported
• Original track structures are represented by Roles
• PICT files are automatically converted to TIFF files
• 31 transitions are translated to matching transitions
• 72 video FxPlug and FxScript filters are translated to matching video filters
• 32 audio filters are translated to matching audio filters
• Layered Photoshop files are accurately translated to Layered Photoshop files in Final Cut Pro X
• Motion Tab settings (Scale, Rotation, Center, Crop, Distort and Opacity) are translated to Transform settings (Scale, Rotation, Position, Crop, Distort and Compositing Opacity)
• Composite Modes are translated to matching Compositing Blend Modes
• Constant speed changes are translated
7toX adds red to-do markers to items that have been changed or substituted during translation. You can easily view these markers in the Timeline Index in Final Cut Pro X, and quickly jump to a specific marker to review any change in context in the timeline.
Frequently Asked Questions:
• Does it work with .fcp project files? - The Final Cut Pro project file is a binary format proprietary to Apple. The XML must be exported from FCP 6 or 7.
• Does it work with Final Cut Pro 6? - User testing shows that 7toX does work with XML from FCP 6. We have a concern with speed changes from FCP 6 as that changed between versions.
• Does it work with Final Cut Express? - Unfortunately Final Cut Express does not export XML, which is what 7toX translates. It is possible, if you have an accommodating friend, to import your project (with media) into Final Cut Pro and then export Final Cut Pro 7 (or 6) XML.
• Bug fix for XML from Xto7 for Final Cut Pro
• Bug fix for XML from FootTrack
• Bug fix for multiclips in a nested sequence
• Bug fix for filters on multiclips in a nested sequence
• Bug fix for apps that omit audio in and out points in the XML
• Bug fix for merged clip in points
• Bug fix for clips and storylines attached to merged clips
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 13, 2013
- Assisted Editing
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (72)
- 2.4 MB