Tembo - Find Files
Tembo is an efficient file search tool that is based upon the powerful Spotlight engine built into Mac OS X.
Tembo finds files, folders, mail messages, bookmarks, images … .
Tembo shows search results grouped by file type categories.
Initially the top 10 matches for each group are shown. Often enough you will find the sought for file right here.
Preferences allow for categories to be enabled, disabled and reordered.
The real power of Tembo is revealed when you drill down into a category.
Tembo provides you with context-appropriate filters.
These help you sort through the list of up to 2500 results.
What filters are available?
- Bookmarks: Type, URL Domain
- Documents: File Type
- Fonts: File Type
- Images: Resolution, File Type
- Messages: Subject, From, To
- Movies: File Type, Codec
- Music: Artist, File Type
- PDF Documents: Author
- Source Code: File Type
Why use Tembo rather than Spotlight or the Finder?
- Grouped search results
- Up to 2500 results in each group
- Context-sensitive filters
- Easy to use interface
- Find files faster
Which files can Tembo find?
Tembo is based upon the Spotlight index and engine. Tembo can find any file indexed by Spotlight. This includes files in the Library folders, but excludes low level system files.
- On some systems date columns were too narrow
- Wild card search failed if quotes were omitted: name:"*.txt"
- Document type filters could be hard to click
- Filtering bookmarks by domain name could fail
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 18, 2014
- Houdah Software
- 2.7 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (26)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Sudoku Uno
• ACTPrinter - Virtual Printer
• Chord Board - Slide Rule
• Sudoku Duo: Dual Player Sudoku for iPad
• Sudoku Uno: Stylish Sudoku for iPad
• Sudoku Uno: Unlimited Sudoku
• letZi - multi-device photo viewer (aka letSee)