RPG is a tool for generating human-readable passwords that strives at being as simple as possible
- Passwords are generated from syllables, numbers, and symbols
- Syllables can be capitalized to enhance security at a very low cost for the user.
- Symbols are picked from the iPhone's first (Symbols 1) and second (Symbols 2) keyboard layout to allow quick entry on your mobile phone.
- Certain characters can be excluded from the password generation process to avoid typographical similarities (l vs. I)
- For each password a secure hash (SHA-1) is generated consisting of 40 HEX characters, which can be used for extra strong passwords.
- A minimized version of the RPG window stays on top of other applications to aid password entry where copy&paste is not available.
If RPG crashes after updating to this version (1.01), please delete your previous application settings by running the following command in Terminal: rm -Rf ~/Library/Containers/de.rwth-aachen.hci.rpg
This problem is caused by the transition to using the application sandbox. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
Filter for bad words in the generated password
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 06, 2011
- RWTH Aachen University
- 0.2 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (3)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (10)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Aachener Dom
• City Reconstructions
• iEat Mobile
• Mobile Multi Display
• Quadriennale ARENA