Quick Web makes it easier and faster to use the web.
If there are websites you visit multiple times a day, you'll never have to type in the URL again with Quick Web. It allows you to set global shortcuts to open URLs. Just enter a URL and a shortcut, then you're done. It's really simple. But if you don't want to set a shortcut for a website because you don't visit it every day, nevertheless you want to have quick access to it, you can add it to the Quick Web Menu. It appears when you right-click Quick Web's menubar icon and shows all configured URLs.
Quick Web also allows you to use search services like Google, Wikipedia or Yahoo faster. Just copy the text you want to look up, press the shortcut on your keyboard and Quick Web handles the rest for you. Additionally, you can configure your own search services in the preferences.
Another great feature is the Quick Web Panel. To open it, simply press the shortcut you configured in the preferences. In the panel you can select one of the services you configured in the preferences, then type in a search subject or an URL and press enter.
So, briefly, what can Quick Web do for you?
● Open websites with global shortcuts
● Use a shortcut to search your clipboard's content with any search service
● Configure as many search services as you want
● Use the Quick Web Panel to search the web or open URLs
● Open the URL you copied to your clipboard with a shortcut
● Add URLs to the Quick Web Menu to have faster access to websites
● Optional notifications (Growl or OS X Mountain Lion are required)
● Optional menubar icon
● Launch at login
● Very easy to use
● Works in the background
PLEASE NOTE: After updating to Quick Web 1.3.1 you have to reconfigure your preferences. This version also doesn't support OS X Snow Leopard anymore.
What's new in version 1.3.1?
- You can now configure as many URL shortcuts as you want
- You can now configure your own search services
- You can now customize the services for the Quick Web Panel
- You can now select a service in the Quick Web Panel with the arrow keys
- Added "Quick Web Menu" to have quick access to websites
- Added support for OS X Mountain Lion's notification system
- Redesigned and improved Quick Web Panel
- Redesigned preferences
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 02, 2014
- 0.7 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data