Push To Talk
Mac OS Utilities
AWARDED MACWORLD 'MAC GEM' 2013
Push to Talk is a slick and unobtrusive menu bar app that makes voice chats worry-free and keeps the flow of conversation clear. Simply press down the user-configurable hotkey when you want to activate your microphone, and then release when you want the microphone to be muted again.
The aim of this app is to eliminate all those unnecessary and often embarrassing noises that can play in the background during onlne voice conversations. We're all too familiar with children screaming in the background while you're trying to have that important cross-continent business call on a Saturday afternoon - worries like these will be a thing of the past :)
How does Push to Talk work?
The app simply mutes your microphone until you hold down a hot key (user selectable) on your keyboard. Hot key pressed, you can then chat on any voice client or record your voice knowing you are only transmitting audio via your microphone when you actually want to.
- Decide when you want to transmit/record your voice
- Configure the app to launch at login
- Customize a hot key of your choice
- Toggle the app on/off for moments when you don't want to hold down a key to talk, yet don't want to quit the app either
- Push to Talk works with all software that captures/transmits audio from your microphone (such as Skype, FaceTime, Audacity etc).
- Bug fixes