Mac OS Utilities
Scan and monitor your network. With Network Radar.
Network Radar is an advanced network scanning and managing tool. Featuring an easy-to-use and streamlined design, the all-new Network Radar 2 has been engineered from the ground up as a modern Mac application.
• Scan your network and retrieve detailed information on network devices
• Run useful network tools and commands with the click of a button
• Use the monitoring feature and get notified about changes in your network
• Access devices from previous scans, even in different networks
• Use the simple rules / actions system for automatic processing of devices
• Simply connect to a device by double-clicking it in the list
• Assign your own names and choose from provided icons or import own icons
• Organize your hosts in folders and smart folders
• Create scans with custom IP ranges
• Export a scan to XML, CSV, TXT or PDF
TOOLS AND COMMANDS:
All you have to do to use Network Radar is to click the Scan button. No configuration is required. However, Network Radar is more than a simple IP scanner. It comes with useful tools, such as Ping, Portscan and Whois. In addition to that you can send commands to your devices with the click of a button. Use Wake On LAN with every Wake On LAN capable device and shutdown, restart or send other Macs to sleep, even if they are not within your local network.
EVERYTHING YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW:
Once Network Radar has scanned your network, it lists all found devices. Select one to see more details, such as IP, IPv6 and MAC address, vendor name, DNS name, mDNS names, NetBIOS name, NetBIOS domain, open ports, OS version, response time, the Mac model identifier and much more depending on how much information your device and network reveals.
Let Network Radar monitor a scan and get live updates on changes in your network. All changes are logged. You may also want to receive notifications when a device enters or leaves your network. With the possibility to configure custom rules and actions you can do things such as sending a mail to yourself as soon as your server goes offline or play a sound when a FTP Server appears in your network.
Organize your hosts in folders. You want all your iPads in one folder? Just create a smart folders and let Network Radar do the work. By binding scans to networks, Network Radar always knows if a devices is reachable or not, making it easy to refresh or monitor a bunch of devices even from different networks.
SUPPORTED NETWORK INTERFACES:
• Built-in WiFi
• Built-in Ethernet
• Apple's USB to Ethernet Adapter
• Apple's Thunderbolt to Ethernet Adapter
• Apple's Thunderbolt Display Ethernet
*Please note that the amount of information Network Radar can find depends on the network it scans.
• NEW: Internal identifier of iOS devices are now being displayed in the model identifer format. I.e. N69AP is now iPhone8,4.
• NEW: There are now details on Macs with model identifier.
• FIX: Crash while resolving mDNS name.
New in Version 2.0:
The all-new Network Radar 2 has been engineered from the ground up as a modern Mac application. Have fun! :)
• NEW: Adapted new technologies such as App Nap, which means a significant increate in battery life and less memory usage.
• NEW: Add Smart Folders to sort your hosts by specifying a search rule.
• NEW: Add folders to sort your hosts or monitor just certain hosts.
• NEW: All new image chooser. I.e. you can now search for images.
• NEW: Automatically refreshes the status of a when changing the selected host.
• NEW: Changing a host's type now shows suggestions for types that have been used for other hosts.
• NEW: Choose from different syntax for the MAC addresses.
• NEW: Double clicking a host in the list now opens the Connect Via menu.
• NEW: Enable/Disable Status Menu
• NEW: Every configuration made to the user interface will be remembered after restarting the application.
• NEW: Exclude hosts from monitoring in the host settings.
• NEW: Export scans to the XML and NETRDR format.
• NEW: Host's can be added to favorites. Favorites will appear in the statusbar menu.
• NEW: Hosts can be bound to networks. This can be changed in the scan settings.
• NEW: Hosts that are not reachable, because the scan' has been bound to another network will not refresh and indicate a new status (grey dot)
• NEW: Import capabilities for the new NETRDR format.
• NEW: Improved GUI with new inspector, tools and settings at the side for a better fullscreen experience.
• NEW: Improved Portscan and Ping GUI.
• NEW: Improved WakeOnLAN GUI. It is now possible to wake up hosts and shutdown, restart or send other Macs to sleep.
• NEW: Improved copying of selected hosts.
• NEW: Improved experience for managing the default ports in the preferences.
• NEW: Improved host log GUI.
• NEW: Improved printing output.
• NEW: Improved sidebar GUI.
• NEW: It is now possible to select multiple hosts at once.
• NEW: Many core parts of Network Radar have been rewritten from ground up in Apple's new programming language Swift.
• NEW: Monitor every scan and folder separately. Host's being monitored appear in the Monitoring List.
• NEW: New Quick Scan button in the top left corner that automatically scans your current network with just one click.
• NEW: New Sidebar separation: Network Scans and Custom Scans.
• NEW: New host properties such as OS version or NetBIOS domain.
• NEW: New statusbar with useful information at the bottom of the main window.
• NEW: Now displays a host's IPv6 address if available.
• NEW: Remembers the selected scan at launch.
• NEW: Rules now have more properties to chose from
• NEW: Search for open ports in the hosts list.
• NEW: Share Menu in the toolbar.
• NEW: Start Network Radar at Login
• NEW: Support for multiple DNS names has been added.
• NEW: The Connect Via menu now updates dynamically depending on the host's open ports.
• NEW: The main window is more configurable.
• NEW: The main window now supports split screen in fullscreen mode.
• NEW: Updated OUIs database.
• FIX: Crash on startup when the host detail view had been collapsed earlier.
If you like Network Radar, please consider to rate Network Radar on the App Store. It would mean the world to me. :)