Mavericks users: MenuBar ReArranger 2, available from my website. http://www.seense.com/mbra/
MenuBar ReArranger, Take Control of Your Third Party Menu Bar Items !
As you may know, Mac OS X has 2 types of icon items in the Menu bar.
Type 1 - The ones on the far right, these ones can be dragged and moved around. Basically the Apple ones.
Type 2 - The ones sitting on the left of the previous Type. which cannot be moved around. This for all the other third party Apps, using the official public API.
It can be annoying that you cannot arrange them as you want, and that at each login they are displayed in a different order.
MenuBar ReArranger try to provide a solution to overcome the problem for the Type 2, the ones that cannot be moved. Doing so, as much as possible with the current official Public API.
***How these icons are arranged by the system ?
First one loaded and allocated in the Menu bar will be the first one on the right. The next one loaded and allocated will be on the left of the previous one. And so on...
At Login, the order in the login items list is not sufficient to guaranty the order in the menu bar. Basically, the order is not based on the App to be loaded first, but on the icon of this App to be allocated first in the Menu bar.
***How To Use MenuBar ReArranger ?
MenuBar ReArranger come as a tiny separator bar icon in your Menu Bar. Click on this separator icon and select 'Manage Items'
- When the 'Manage Items' window open, MenuBar ReArranger will have pre-populated the list with your items detected in the Menu Bar.
- Add or Remove items. Re-arrange the order as you want and then press the button "ReArrange Items in Menu Bar".
- Voila! Your Menu items order in the Menu Bar is now as you wanted it to be.
***How MenuBar ReArranger works under the hood ?
MenuBar ReArranger will reload your items as per your list, and in the same order.
MenuBar ReArranger doesn't set a delay between each applications launch.
During loading, MenuBar ReArranger is analysing the menubar. MenuBar ReArranger is checking that the item has allocated his space in the menu bar. As soon as it is detected, the next one will be loaded.
This to make sure that, 99% of the time, your order is respected.
Why not 100% ? If an item is taking an insane amount of time (more than 20secs) before allocating his menubar space, it will not be in order.
- ReArrange your third party menu bar icons when you want, the way you want.
- Easily Remove or Add a menu items.
- MenuBar ReArranger will detect your existing menu item in the bar and pre-load the managed list items.
- Use MenuBar ReArranger to load all your Menu Bar Apps at Login.
- New Hide option per item, to Hide the Application Window open by some apps when launched.
- NEW: Group your Menu Bar Items by separating them with a Space. The distance between 2 groups can be adjusted. This will improve the productivity of users with many Icons in their MenuBar.
- NEW: Expand your Icons Menu Bar area to see the items hidden by the Application Menu (Useful for small screens)
- NEW: Hide items that are not needed to be displayed on your menu bar, but need to be running.
- NEW: Configure System wide Key Shortcuts to quickly access main MenuBar ReArranger features.
- NEW: Hide the MenuBar ReArranger icon.
NB: Today the OS X system doesn't provide a native way to re-arrange these third party menu bar items. MenuBar ReArranger just try to fill this gap as much as it can with the current public API.
Type 1 and Type 2 icons area cannot be mixed-up, with the current APIs. Type 2 area is always on the left of Type1 area.
If you have problems with some specific apps not properly ReArranged, please contact us by email, for better support.
Mavericks users: MenuBar ReArranger 2, available on my website. http://www.seense.com/mbra/
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 02, 2013
- Fabrice Leyne
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (31)
- 0.7 MB