Depending on your needs, Math Minion can be either a powerful scientific calculator that understands units, or a sophisticated modelling tool that is better suited to science and engineering problems than traditional spreadsheet programs.
It combines a mind map style representation of the relationships between expressions, with a formula system that operates transparently on scalars, arrays and matrices. A hierarchical model system helps encapsulate calculations in logical and easily duplicated units and a flexible unit conversion system tracks the fundamental property types through calculations. This allows it to know, for instance, that some fathoms divided by a few days is in fact a velocity that should not be added to a kilogram.
Some interesting features include:
• equations that work equally well with scalars, arrays and matrices
• a function library that in addition to the usual suspects includes, matrix multiplication, matrix inversion, comparison functions, an interpolation function and more.
• a flexible unit conversion system that helps automate dimensional analysis
models and model arrays for information and calculation encapsulation
• a solver for one or more nonlinear equations
• an optimizer
• an ordinary differential equation solver
• a x-y graph tool.
• an iterator tool.
• Supports iCloud document handling compatible with the Math Minion on iOS.
• The input and outlet connection lines for the selected object are now highlighted in different colours on the diagram. This makes them easier to follow on complex diagrams.
• There is also now an option on an object's context menu to hide its diagram connections. However the connections of a selected object are always shown.
• Added mg as a standard mass unit and mass volume (inverse of mass density) as a standard unit type.
• Upgraded the embedded JQuery to version 2.0
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 30, 2013
- RedTree Development Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 1.00 (1)
- 1.6 MB