This app was removed from the App Store.
Mac OS Utilities
"quick, easy, and intelligent access to all your applications…" — ★★★★, Macworld, September 2010.
LaunchMagic is the FASTEST way to open applications, documents, and folders. Its full-screen design was originally invented by Chronos in 1993 and still wows customers today.
Press a keyboard shortcut or move your mouse to a hot corner, and LaunchMagic will instantly appear. You’ll be presented with all of your applications which you can launch with no more than a few keystrokes or a click of the mouse.
Completely unobtrusive — only appears when you need it
Keyboard or mouse driven — you choose
Zero setup required
Type short abbreviations called “shortcuts” to launch items
Adaptive searching intelligently learns shortcuts as you use the software
Edit shortcuts at any time (e.g. assign “zz” to launch GarageBand)
• Open documents and folders in addition to applications
• Click the icon in the menu bar to access key program features
Comprehensive Get Info shows path, version, created/modified dates, etc.
Built-in Documents List shows all documents related to an application
Automatically open a document using the selected application
Search related documents by name
View Documents List in list or icon formats
Sort the Documents List by name or last opened date
View a Quick Look preview of any document without opening it
The preview includes the full path of the document
Press the space bar to quickly see the Quick Look preview
Preview lock option
Use the Blaster to quickly launch favorite items using just the keyboard
Works like the Command-Tab application switcher built into the OS
• Change the dock being viewed directly from the Blaster
Create an unlimited number of customized docks
Populate docks with applications, documents, and folders
Quickly launch items in a dock by double-clicking
Docks also appear in the menu bar for convenient launching
Animated interface adds to “cool” factor
Set up your own keyboard shortcuts and hot corners to activate the software
Blacklist applications that you don't want to see
Specify where you want LaunchMagic to search for applications
OR specify where you don’t want LaunchMagic to search for applications
Limit application searches to the system volume
Show the selected item in the Finder
Sort items by name or last opened date
Zoom the size of icons to any size including jumbo size
Welcome window with 9 minute Getting Started video
LaunchMagic — you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
• Fixed problem that caused apps to disappear from docks
• Added ability to exclude multiple items at once in Excluded Items preference pane
• Added ability to exclude multiple items at once via drag & drop from Finder to Excluded Items preference pane
• Added ability to exclude multiple items at once in the Launch Center
• When excluding items in the Excluded Items preference pane, the last path visited is now remembered