* On Mountain Lion, you can store archives on iCloud and share them with other Macs and iOS devices using iUnarchive for iOS *
With iUnarchive, you can create, modify and open archives. Instead of cluttering the disk with files, you can preview and open files directly from within iUnarchive. Only files selected for preview and extracted files are actually uncompressed.
Please note: extracting files with iUnarchive replaces existing files with the same name in the same folder.
If an archive contains another archive, you can choose to open the nested archive with iUnarchive.
Archives that can be opened by iUnarchive include zip, rar, 7-zip, tar, gzip, bz2/BZip2, LhA and StuffIt, including password protection for zip, 7-zip, rar and multi part rar.
Archives of type zip, jar, war, ear, cbz, 7z, tar, tar.gz and tar.bz2 can be created and updated.
Files opened from within iUnarchive using the 'Open with' option that have been edited can be updated back into the archive. iUnarchive will detect the changed files and present the option to update the files.
Files can be added or extracted with iUnarchive using drag and drop from or to the Finder.
iUnarchive uses the Quick Look framework to preview files. File types that can be previewed in iUnarchive include JPG, PNG, GIF, XLS, DOC, PPT, PDF, RTF and iWork (Pages, Numbers and Keynote) files, but also a large number of text files and programming language source files which use syntax highlighting. Supported types include c, h, cpp, hpp, cs, html, css, js, java, php, py, rb, sql, xml, xsl and wsdl, depending on which Quick Look plugins are installed. An interesting site listing QuickLook plugins is www.quicklookplugins.com.
- Russian translation
- Drop Panel to create archives (can be switched off in the Preferences panel and toggled in the Windows menu)
- Various user interface improvements and bug fixes
- Polish translation (thank you, Mariusz)
- German translation
- Double click opens file with default Application
- Drag a folder (or files) to the Dock icon to create an archive
- Delete button added to the toolbar
- Italian translation
- Bug fixed when opening .tar.gz files
- Associations improved
- Fixed a bug when creating or updating archives of type CBZ, jar, war and ear
- CBZ and CBR files now have an option to open with iUnarchive
- Improved error handling
- Archives can be created and modified. Supported archive types are zip, jar, war, ear, cbz, 7z, tar, tar.gz and tar.bz2.
- Files opened from within iUnarchive using the 'Open with' option that have been edited can be updated back into the archive. iUnarchive will detect the changed files and present the option to update the files.
- Folders can be created in supported archives
- Files can be dragged into specific folders of supported archives
- Added a 'Extract Quick' option that will create a folder with the name of the archive and extract all files into the folder
- Switching off the preview pane will hide it
- Lion Full Screen support
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 13, 2012
- De Voorkant
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (25)
- 9.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Air-Gallery Lite
• Cloud Commander (File Manager with support for Dropbox, Box, SkyDrive, Google Drive, Picasa and Flickr)
• Cloud Commander SkyDrive Edition (supports Microsoft Office 365 SkyDrive Pro)
• Cloud Commander with Dropbox, Box, SkyDrive and Flickr
• Mc Loud - Remote Controlled and Streaming Music and Movie Player with Dropbox support
• Mc Loud Remote - Demo and Remote Streaming Music and Movie Player with Dropbox support
• iUnarchive - Archive and File Manager for Dropbox, Box, Skydrive, Google Drive, SugarSync, WebDAV and FTP
• iUnarchive Lite - Archive and File Manager with support for Dropbox, Box, Skydrive, SugarSync, WebDAV en FTP
• weCal II