Mac OS Utilities
iPack is a full-featured compressed archives manager.
- Compress 7z, zip, jar, and rar archives
- Decompress 7z, zip, jar, rar, cab, deb, iso, arj, gz and bz2 archives
- NEW! Integration with Finder: compress and decompress files in Finder directly
- Quick preview files without extracting them
- Conversion from 7z/zip/rar/gz/bz2 to 7z/zip/rar formats
- Quick archive decompression by dragging files to the drop basket
- Take advantage of the power of multicore CPU: iPack works at least 100% faster when you have 2011 Macs.
- Superb speed benefited by 64-bit computing power
- Full support of international file names (especially Chinese, Japanese and Korean file names created by old archivers)
- Full support of password-protected archives
- Full support of drag and drop
- Multi-volumed archives support
- Search file names inside archives
(1) You must own a valid copy of rar to use rar compression. Rar decompression doesn't require it.
(2) When you compress to multiple volumes or open split volumes, you need to specify the folder of all volumes again.
It's been a really long time since the last update: so long that OS X got its new name macOS.
* Fixed: possible crash when creating or reopening archives under OS X El Capitan and macOS Sierra.