iPack is a full-featured compressed archives manager.
- App Sandbox compliant
- Compress 7z, zip, jar, and rar archives
- Decompress 7z, zip, jar, rar, cab, deb, iso, arj, gz and bz2 archives
- NEW! Integration with Finder: compress and decompress files in Finder directly
- Quick preview files without extracting them
- Conversion from 7z/zip/rar/gz/bz2 to 7z/zip/rar formats
- Quick archive decompression by dragging files to the drop basket
- Take advantage of the power of multicore CPU: iPack works at least 100% faster when you have 2011 Macs.
- Superb speed benefited by 64-bit computing power
- Full support of international file names (especially Chinese, Japanese and Korean file names created by old archivers)
- Full support of password-protected archives
- Full support of drag and drop
- Multi-volumed archives support
- Search file names inside archives with fancy highlight effect
(1) You must own a valid copy of rar to use rar compression. Rar decompression doesn't require it.
(2) When you compress to multiple volumes or open split volumes, you need to specify the folder of all volumes again.
* Fixed: iPack may fail to create executable files (apps, scripts) when extracting tar files under OS X Mavericks.
* Fixed: Wrong file format used when compressing with the Service menu item.
* Improved: The drop basket will not always be shown.
* Improved: Added .tbz support.
* Fixed: Wrong file extension when saving as zip format.
* Improved: iPack can now write executable files correctly.
* Fixed: iPack failed to remember default archive format under some cases.
* Fixed: iPack failed to use high-DPI text in search result indicator.
* Fixed: Interface tardiness.
* Fixed: Some missing localizations.
* Fixed: initial folder expansion state is incorrectly set.
* Fixed: iPack 2.0.4 didn't really fix the problem. Now the problem is fixed.
* Fixed: iPack crashed when updating preview drawer.
+ NEW: Added support for open and extraction of xz archives.
* Improved: Preview drawer spinning arrow is not drawn transparent.
* Fixed: Quick extraction asks for destination folder even you set to extract to current folder.
* Fixed: Under some circumstances, duplicated items could be added.
* Fixed: iPack cannot open zip and jar created with very special archivers.
* Fixed: In some rare cases, there may be missing items when you drag multiple files and folders to Finder.
* Important Fix: iPack 2.0.0 cannot run on 2007 or older model of Macs which do not support SSE4.1 instruction set (pre Nehalem, or 45nm Core 2). In such Macs, iPack cannot create, list or extract archives. We are very sorry for this. If you encounter such problems, please update to iPack 2.0.1.
* Fixed: Extracted apps or shell scripts cannot run.
* Fixed: An extra level of folder will be prefixed if a UNIX tarball is archived with a folder name starting with "./".
* Fixed: Treated an item named a single dot as a folder.
* Fixed: iPack crashed when choosing RAR executable.
+ NEW: Speed-boost again: 15% to 100% faster in 2011 Macs or later.
+ NEW: Full App Sandbox support.
* Fixed: iPack failed to extract multiple archives at the same time.
* Fixed: iPack crashed under some circumstances when you open files in drop basket and Finder at the same time.
* Fixed: some messages are not localized to Chinese.
* Fixed: iPack failed to add files to a password-protected archive under some circumstances.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 20, 2013
- Little Big Monster Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (40)
- 4.1 MB