IP Scanner for Macintosh scans your local area network to determine the identity of all machines and internet devices on the LAN. Powerful results, yet easy and intuitive to use.
IP Scanner is all about customizing the way you view your network. You may apply custom names and icons to the devices on your network and adjust the type and amount of information you see in the network overview; don't need to see the MAC address column...don't display it! Text too small...make it larger!
IP Scanner can be used in several primary modes: as a way to get a quick overview of which devices are currently on the network, including seeing which devices are actively and passively present, or view network changes over time with IP Scanner's 'cumulative mode', including options to display devices which were once present but now no longer visible.
Finally, by using the whitelist feature you may filter out known and trusted devices to reveal new or unexpected ones, a great way to easily identify unwanted network visitors.
Other notable features:
•Sort network list by device name, IP address, MAC address or Last Seen
•Growl support for notifications of newly discovered devices and changes in device state
•Right-click a device to obtain additional contextualized tool options, including Ping and Port Scan tools
•Local network segments are scanned automatically; custom ranges may be added manually
IP Scanner is free to use on small networks (up to 6 devices). To see the results from networks of more than 6 devices, please consider the Home or Pro versions of IP Scanner.
Visit http://10base-t.com for more details.
For scanning on-the-go, consider IP Scanner mobile: http://itunes.apple.com/app/ip-network-scanner/id335517657?mt=8
1) improved support for dealing with devices implementing the Bonjour Sleep Proxy
2) latest device definitions, including native recognition of new internet appliances from Amazon and Google
3) fixed a bug that could cause Ping indicator badges to remain visible even after the devices in question stopped responding
4) initial IPv6 support (should be considered beta at this point but we'll be improving this over the course of 2015)
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 14, 2015
- 10base-t Interactive
- 3.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 1.00 (4)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (267)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• CamScan Lite
• DropCopy - share files and clipboards wirelessly
• DropCopy Lite - wireless file sharing
• DropCopy Pro
• IP Broadcaster
• IP Network Scanner
• IP Network Scanner Lite
• IP Scanner Home
• IP Scanner Pro
• Mrmr Legacy
• Mrmr OSC controller
• Video Playlist Manager
• Video Playlist Manager Lite