Gifox – GIF Recording & Shari…
Mac OS Utilities
Gifox is a beautifully designed and masterfully crafted app that records your screen into animated GIFs – the great alternative between static images and full-size videos. It's your best companion for:
- Micro-screencasts and product demos
- Animated instructions and bug reporting
- Selective on-screen video capturing
Gifox introduces a completely new way of continuous screen capturing with window selection mode – you select a window and Gifox precisely records it even when it's moved or covered up by other windows. Free selection mode is also there for you – fast-select any area on the screen and hit record, like you used with the standard grab app / Cmd+Shift+4 command.
- Pixel-sharp selection with accurate margins
- Only selected window without any overlaps
- With or without window shadow
- With or without desktop background
A set of capturing options accessible via preferences window let you explicitly control your recording and output.
- Record fps
- Playback fps
- Window shadow
- Desktop background
Advanced compression options provide complete control over output quality and file size.
- Palette generation
Open up Gifox in any selection mode using preconfigured global shortcuts, which can be customised in preferences.
- Cmd+Shift+5 initiates/stops free selection mode recording
- Cmd+Shift+6 initiates/stops window mode recording
Easily share your recordings with Dropbox, Google Drive and Imgur, copy or drag-and-drop them to other apps! Support for more great services underway, but we want to know what integrations would be most useful for you – let us know using the in-app feedback form or contacts on our website.
Important update focused on stability and several troublesome multi-screen bug fixes with numerous improvements behind the scenes. As always, you can stay up-to-date with the latest development progress at @gifoxapp on Twitter.
- Gifox watermark is no longer enabled by default after licence activation.
- Status bar icon now reacts better to interactions and shows separate menu with Option + left mouse click.
- Recording list changes are now animated for better visibility.
- Many dialogues recognise additional keyboard navigation shortcuts and can be closed with Esc key.
- Area selection and selection restoration works MUCH better across multiple screens.
- Improved main assistant view appearance and scrolling.
- Interactive welcome guide for new users!
- Toolset and selection frame would get recorded when attaching/detaching screens or changing screen configuration.
- Occasional problems with main assistant popover when automatic menu bar hide and show enabled in system preferences.
- Main assistant popover now appears correctly under status bar icon when opened on inactive space or secondary screen.
- Dialogue windows wouldn't move around with mouse pressed down over an image.