GeekTool lets you display various kinds of information on your desktop via 3 default plug-ins:
• File plugin to monitor MacOS X activity with /var/log/system.log, or any file that you want to follow.
• Shell mode to launch custom scripts or commands like "df" to check space left on filesystems or "uptime" to monitor load on your machine.
• Finally, image mode helps you monitor bandwith usage, CPU load, memory availability on your server with tools like MRTG or RRD.
The audience of this App is technical people with good understanding of Unix and shell commands. This is not something for general mac users, unless you are ready to spend some time googling and trying to get what you want. Please take that into consideration before posting notes.
Minor fixes to avoid users confusion when discovering GeekTool.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 31, 2012
- 1.0 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (330)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (1017)