Keep a copy of your project mirrored on an external drive or a file server. FolderWatch syncs your project while you work, making sure your copy stays up-to-date at all times. Simply have FolderWatch monitor a folder on your computer and then add, edit or delete files anywhere inside that folder. FolderWatch pushes those changes in real-time to the destination of your choosing.
*** Featured as Apple Staff Favorite in June 2011 ***
• File changes by FolderWatch are irreversible.
• FolderWatch is intended to make ONE-WAY BACKUPS ONLY. If you wish to sync across multiple computers or locations, use a product like iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive or SkyDrive instead of FolderWatch.
• Rsync is an open-source sync engine that powers FolderWatch. We cannot provide customer support for Rsync.
• FolderWatch will not create a bootable backup drive as it cannot access the protected parts of your OS. Use a product like TimeMachine for backing up your entire computer.
• FolderWatch will not connect to servers. You must manually mount server volumes before it can access them.
• You will experience mixed or poor results under the following conditions: 1.) The size or number of files you have is large. 2.) The connection speed to your destination is slow. 3.) The filesystem of your drive is not HFS-Plus. 4.) The network protocol used to access file servers is not AFP.
Beautiful, Easy to Use
• Full Retina-display support.
• Harness the power of Rsync with a simple, drag & drop interface.
• Built-in visual user guide with integrated FAQ.
• Run FolderWatch in the background with the Menu Bar Helper.
• FolderWatch only copies files that have changed, saving you time and bandwidth.
• Let FolderWatch monitor and sync changes as they occur, or do it yourself on-demand.
• Ships with the newest version of Rsync*
Preserve Additional Layers of the Filesystem
• Mac OS meta data - icon previews, iPhoto packages, label colors, etc.
• Modification timestamps.
• Unix symbolic links can be copied or followed*
• A spinning indicator means FolderWatch is scanning for changes.
• A circular pie progress bar shows how many files FolderWatch has copied.
• See the number of files and data transferred when a sync completes.
• Growl notifications with optional sounds.
Comprehensive, Real-Time Logging
• All file changes performed by FolderWatch appear in the log as they happen.
• FolderWatch displays the differences it found when comparing your files.
• See the inner-workings of the app and how it queues synchronization tasks.
• See exactly which file paths FolderWatch is watching.
Works with the Finder
• Use FolderWatch to easily show or hide hidden files in the Finder*
• Manually refresh the file listing of a window if the Finder remains outdated*
• From FolderWatch, quickly jump to your source or destination folder in the Finder.
• Option to overwrite files that have newer modification times.
• Option to delete extra files in destination which are not in the source.
• Compare files by file size, modification time or checksum.
• Exclude certain file types, directories or individual files.
Tool for Rsync Experts
• Use the Sync Queue log to see how Rsync is being executed via the Terminal.
• You can copy the Terminal commands FolderWatch used to the clipboard.
• Enable log warnings to troubleshoot Rsync problems in the Recent Events log.
* To comply with Apple's sandboxing requirement in the future, these features are subject to change.
Version 2.0.5 - 7/19/2012
• Fixed bugs with the Menu Bar Helper that were introduced in the previous release.
• Reduced file size of the app.
Version 2.0.4 - 6/7/2012
• Retina graphics.
• New feature: Sidebar folders.
• Compatibility with Growl 1.3.
• Updated Rsync to 3.0.9.
• Menu Bar Helper now displays warnings.
• Users are notified about the Menu Bar Helper feature on first use.
• Reworded/rearranged user interface elements to be more clear.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Version 2.0.3 - 8/8/2011
• Added support for OS X Lion.
• New feature: Ability to limit bandwidth per folder pair.
• New feature: Delay the time before automatic watching starts.
• New feature: Play sounds when syncs complete.
• Excluded extension are no longer case-sensitive.
• Bug fixes.
Version 2.0.2 - 6/28/2011
• Fixed an issue for users on 32-bit Macs.
• Fixed an issue where excluding hidden files wasn't always working.
• The guide can now be used to search the support site.
• Log warnings now controllable in preferences
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 19, 2012
- Brothers Roloff
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (65)
- 10.4 MB