Ethernet Status - The Missing LAN Status Bar Icon
Mac OS Utilities
Ethernet Status adds the missing icon in status bar to indicate the connection status of the ethernet interface on MacOS similar to WIFI status. WIFI status has an icon built in MacOS, but there is none for ethernet status.
Ethernet Status adds a simple icon to the status bar to show the connection status of the ethernet interface. Bonus - Know IP address and interface name on the dropdown menu.
Salient features -
1. Supports multiple ethernet interfaces if available
2. Dynamically monitors ethernet connectivity change and updates the icon
3. Indicates if ethernet interface is not being used for networking, even if connected, due to networking interface priority in MacOS networking settings
4. Auto starts on system restart (Can be disabled via menu)
5. Light weight and has small memory and resource footprint. Highly optimised.
6. Supports option+click to get additional information on the connection
Please feel free to contact me at any time for issues and feedback and don't forget to use the "Rate on Mac App Store" menu option to rate the app. We value your feedback. Thank you for using Ethernet Status app.
We regularly update the app to bring best experience to users.
Whats new -
1. Improvements to detection of public IP address when network proxy is in use.
2. German language support
3. Improved support for detecting thunderbolt based ethernet adaptors