Mac OS Utilities
Duplicate Spotter helps you locate duplicated, redundant files that serve no purposes other than wasting disk space.
Duplicate Spotter quickly locates, marks and makes a list of file duplicates (multiple versions of the same file) for your consideration - save, copy or delete them as you wish. Please review the files carefully using your own discretion before deleting them. Duplicate Spotter cannot decide the importance of a file simply based on the fact that there are multiple copies of it.
Definition of “identical files”: Files having the same file name (case sensitive), accessed date (copied, opened, etc) , creation date, modification date and size. Note that Duplicate Spotter currently does not compare file content character-by-character so files that fit all of the above criteria but vary in content will not be differentiated.
For security and system integrity, Applications, Library, System and bundle folders will not be processed. Personal files such as music, pictures, documents, etc will be included in the analysis by Duplicate Spotter.
* Code modernization & 64-bit build
* Fixed an issue where some folders or files cannot be analyzed
* FIxed an issue where some files cannot be deleted
* Tweaked user interface (e.g., Automatically hides window in background if process takes too long)
* Added disclaimer before deleting files (file content is not used for comparison but only file size & creation/modification/access dates were considered)