Mac OS Utilities
Dr.Web Light is a reliable product that uses the most innovative Dr.Web technologies to protect your Mac from viruses and malware. A built-in scanner will scan your system and quickly neutralize all detected threats. The heuristic analyser will protect your system from unknown viruses.
- Easy and resource-efficient background scanning of the Downloads directory, where every file downloaded is scanned.
- Perform express or full system scans.
- Customize lists of files and folders to be excluded from scanning.
- Check suspicious files and folders by simply dragging and dropping them into the anti-virus application window;
- Use the pause function to suspend scanning and save on the battery life of your Mac; then continue scanning at any convenient time.
- Configure automatic responses for the anti-virus to various types of threats, or manually choose what actions are to be applied to each threat.
- Get detailed information about the infected files found by the anti-virus (viewable in the Threats and Quarantine windows).
- Log for working in automatic threat neutralization mode. The log displays scanning results and shows what files have been cured, skipped and quarantined.
- Quarantine for suspicious objects.
Alarms sound whenever threats are detected, deleted and moved to the quarantine;
- Choose how you want to be notified about detected threats: via OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), or the Dr.Web alert service.
- Customizable scheduling of virus database and scanner updates.
- Use all Dr.Web features from the Desk’s main window.
- Get the latest news about viruses and other threats as well as Doctor Web products directly in the application window.
Differences between Dr.Web Light and Dr.Web Anti-virus:
Dr.Web Light has limited features compared with the full version of the product. It doesn't have a full-scale file monitor and can't cure a large number of threats, because it can't work as root.
The update improves the application's compatibility with upcoming versions of macOS.